The word “missing” has a certain panicky atmosphere about it. Especially when you open an application you use quite frequently and get an error report stating there was a problem regarding some DLL file not being found. What is this error? What does a Dll file, even mean? Well, we have all the answers you could be looking for, including the answer to how to solve such an error. Stay with us as we suggest some super easy steps for you get rid of that error alert on your screen. But first, let’s take a look at what the problem is about.
DLL is short for dynamic link library. It is a set of programs that are put together that helps in better and faster functioning of a certain application. It is not an independent file and hence would require an application to call it. This is a rather common problem that many of us face regarding the missing of the DLL file. So the next time you feel devastated, well at least you will know that you have got company.
Now one thing about this DLL file is that it can be used by more than one application. Once an application uses a DLL file, it automatically creates a dependency with the file. Now when another application uses it, and if by any chance disrupts the programming of the file or even worse, delete it, the other application and its functioning would immediately get affected as well, quite naturally. A disruption in such a dependency occurs whenever the DLL file is messed with in any way. For instance, if someone deletes the file by mistake from your device or makes and changes in the same, the application may show you such an error report.
You can sort out the problem regarding missing DLL files in a few simple ways. Here we have provided you with some of the ways that you could try out. Keep in mind that these are just some probable ways that you could try out. There is no guarantee that these are concrete solutions to the problem you are facing.
- You could reinstall the application which keeps showing you the error. This would on more occasions work and help in the functioning of the DLL files smoothly again.
- You could also restore your entire system. This would also restore the DLL file hopefully and your problem will be solved. (This is however not the first or the best option to go with.)
- Checking for malware in your device would be another way you could go. Malicious programs often toy with DLL files download or the existing ones.
- If you received the missing DLL file alert while using any hardware part, it could be because the new DLL file format is not suited to the existing driver. Maybe it is time for you to update your drivers.
- Updating your entire system would also be another good idea to go with. Updating the application, especially, from which you received the error would be your number one priority if you were to go with this step.
- Restarting your PC could also be another way. It is one of the easiest solutions, but also might not be as effective as the others just stated.
If your computer still keeps on showing similar errors and problems, maybe it would be best to take some professional help and guidance on the matter. Also, if none of the tips above work, you should not keep experimenting and visit the customer service as soon as possible.