Instagram is a great way to share your life with the world, but it can also be a tricky platform for taking pictures. Not only do you have to worry about lighting and composition, but there’s also the matter of what outfit will make your picture look good on IG.
After all, we all want our photos to look as good as possible when they’re posted and even if you’ve got an awesome background or a killer smile, sometimes it’s hard to know how else we can improve our Instagram content until we see those first few likes.
One thing that you can use to view Instagram videos, and stories is Imginn.
Pick the right background
If you want to look good in every Instagram picture, it’s important to choose the right background. Here are some tips:
- Don’t take pictures in front of a white wall or ceiling because they make you look like an extra on The Office.l You should also avoid taking pictures in front of windows because they can be distracting and make your face look too big.
- Don’t take photos with mirrors especially if there’s one behind them. Mirrors will distort how others see your face and body shape. This makes for bad-looking photos no matter what angle or position we’re at when taking them.
Smile with your eyes
To look great in every Instagram picture, you need to smile with your eyes.
- Don’t smile with your mouth. This is a rule of thumb for most things. The less that can be seen, the better it looks.
- Don’t smile too big or too small (or both). A good rule of thumb is that if you can fit one tooth into your mouth without touching any other teeth or gum tissue then you’re doing it right.
- Smile with your teeth showing otherwise known as “smiling with closed lips”. This makes people think there’s something wrong inside their heads and causes them to avoid looking at what could be an overall positive thing about them.
- If you are not seeing instagram photos or stories, use Picuki to see the private things.
Don’t be afraid to wear solid colors
While solid colors are more professional than prints, they can still be flattering. In fact, many of the most well-known fashion bloggers and Instagrammers use solid colors to look their best on social media.
Solid colors are easy to match. For example, if you’re wearing a red shirt with navy pants and sneakers (a typical outfit), all you need is a drop of blue in your eyeshadow for an instant change of pace.
The right outfit can make or break your photo
You’re probably wearing the right clothes, but it can still be hard to look great in every picture. The key is finding the right outfit that fits you well and makes you feel beautiful.
- Choose clothes that fit your body type: Wear clothing items that flatter your figure and accentuate your strengths while hiding any imperfections or flaws on your skin. If possible, try not to wear tight-fitting or loose-fitting clothing at all times.
- Avoid wearing matching outfits: While matching outfits may seem like an easy way out when creating photos together. As couples do most often these days anyway. Since Instagram tags are so limited in terms of style choices available there’s no reason why taking pictures together shouldn’t involve some level of individuality too so don’t let anyone tell me differently.
Have one focal point for your picture
A focal point is the most important thing in your picture. It’s what draws people to look at you, and it can also make or break your picture.
To choose a focal point, think about where you are in the shot. If there are other objects around you, try to find something else on which they could be focused.
For example, if one person stands out against a blank wall with nothing else around them except their reflection, then that person needs not only an attractive face but also some form of “personality” that makes them stand out from everyone else in the picture.
Take an extra second to get your setting and lighting right
The best way to take a great Instagram picture is to use natural light. If you’re taking pictures in the shade, make sure that your background is clean and free of any distractions like pet hair or dust bunnies.
If you can’t get outside (or if it’s too cold outside), try some indirect sunlight instead. Indirect sunlight casts shadows that create depth and dimension on your face, so use this trick whenever possible.
Move with the camera, don’t stand still and expect it to look great on the other end
- Move with the camera.
- Don’t stand still and expect it to look great on the other end.
- Move your body around. Move your head around, move your arms around.
- Try not to stay in one place for too long.
You can take a great Instagram picture, no matter what
It’s all about the lighting, and there are lots of ways to make sure that you’re getting the right kind of light for your subject.
For instance: if you’re shooting in sunlight and want to add some warmth and depth to your photo, try using an umbrella with soft diffusion material. To get a more direct light source but still warm up the image overall, try putting something between yourself and whatever object is being lit by natural sunlight like another person or even their shadow on another surface close by.
When you’re looking at your Instagram feed and seeing all the pictures of people in their best outfits, it can be easy to feel like you’re not good enough. But remember, just because someone else has a cool outfit doesn’t mean that yours can’t look great too.
You don’t have to look like them, but there are things you can do to make sure that your photos look like a million bucks and not just another generic snapshot from yesterday’s outing with the fam. Read More Stories on the Odyssey Ways.