AILET stands for “All India Law Entrance Test”. The conducted body of this exam is the National Law University Of Delhi. It is conducted mainly for the admission to 5-year integrated BA LLB, one-year PhD, and one-year LLM programmes. As it is a national level exam, a candidate should be thorough in AILET PREPARATION. This article discusses the method to apply for AILET Exam 2021.
About Ailet Exam Preparation
The total duration for the exam is1.5 hours. Candidates who appear for BA LLB need to prepare for Elementary Mathematics, English, Reasoning, Legal Aptitude, and General Knowledge. For the LLM entrance exam, questions should be framed on Criminal Law, International Law, Constitutional Law, and more. In PhD, a candidate will be asked for Legal Research Aptitude, and Research Methodology. Download AILET Syllabus PDF.
Eligibility Criteria for AILET 2021 Exam
Before applying for the exam, it is important to fulfil the below eligibility conditions.
For BA LLB (Hons.):
- A candidate should have passed or should be appearing in the 12th board examination or any other equivalent examination.
- The qualifying percentage for the exam is at least 50%
For LLM course
- A candidate should have passed or should be appearing in the final exam of a five year or a 3-year LLB degree.
- The qualifying percentage for the exam for general category students is at least 55% and 50% marks for those who belong to the ST/ SC/PWD category.
For a PhD degree
The candidates should have secured an LLM degree with a minimum of 55% marks in the unreserved category and 50% in SC/ PwD/ ST categories.
Documents Needed for AILET 2021 Application Form
While applying for the exam, a candidate will require the following things ready:
- An active mobile number and Email Id
- The scanned file of signature and photograph
- Category certificate
- 10th class mark sheet
- 12th class mark sheet
- Any other mark sheet for qualification
Important Dates About AILET Application Form Filling Dates 2021
Method To Fill AILET Application Form 2021
The application form filling process is online. Below are the steps to complete the form filling process.
- Visit the Online registration portal.
- Click on the “Apply Online” option.
A candidate has to enter the following details in AILET 2021 Application Form.
- Email id
- Date of birth
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- Mobile number
- Complete address
- PwD status
- The requirement of Scribe (Yes or No)
- Father’s Occupation
- Mother’s occupation
- Annual income
- Contact number and Email id (mother or father)
- Candidate’s Name of the school
- Year of passing the board exam
- Marks obtained
- Maximum marks
- Percentage secured
- Choose three preference for NLU exam centres
- Upload images and signature
A candidate has to upload photos in the prescribed format as:
- Photo specs
- \Size: Up to 150 KB
- Applicable Format: jpg/ gif/ BMP
- Description: It is required that 75% of the candidate’s face should be displayed in the photograph
- The candidate will also have to upload their signature.
- On successful application registration, an online user account will be created.
What Is The Fee For AILET 2021 Application Form?
Based on their category, a candidate has to pay the agreed amount of the registration fee.
The below fee can be paid using any of the below modes such as:
- Credit Card
- Internet Banking, and
- Debit Card