Everything you need to know about applying for a Canadian visa online
If you want to know everything you need to know about applying for a Canada Visa Online, you’ve come to the right place. It is important to keep in mind that you will need to make an appointment for biometric registration at your nearest Visa Application Center. By booking an appointment, you can avoid long waiting times and receive prompt service.
If you wish to request an urgent appointment, you can do so by providing evidence of the emergency. It can be a document or a note from an institution. Also, please note that only supporting documents can be submitted. However, it does not affect application processing time.
Hands must be free of henna for biometric authentication to be performed properly. Non-compliant applicants must visit the Visa Application Center with a new date after one month.
You must first receive complete instructions for submitting your visa application online. This information can be found on the IRRCC site.
If you are required to provide biometrics after submitting your electronic application, you will receive biometric instructions. Once received, you will need to go to the Canada Visa Application Center to submit your biometrics.
If you need to submit biometrics, make an appointment for biometric registration. Once your reservation is confirmed, you will receive a reservation letter with a reference number.
The appointment letter contains details such as the place, time, and date of the appointment, in addition to other important information about additional services and security. On the other hand, if you do not need to submit biometrics, you will have to wait for the application to be processed.
Please arrive at least 15 minutes on the day of your appointment to familiarize yourself with your surroundings. Don’t forget to bring your biometric instructions, appointment letter, and original passport.
Once your biometric registration is complete, you will receive a confirmation notification that your biometric has been collected by the Visa Application Center.
You will receive a passport request letter in your email box once a decision has been made on your application. Alternatively, you can check for updates in your MyCIC account.
After receiving the Passport Request Letter, you must submit your passport and letter to the Visa Application Center.
That’s it. Here are 4 steps to follow if you want to apply for a Canadian visa online.
In short, we recommend that you follow the steps given in this article to get a Canadian visa. This will allow you to get your visa in a timely manner without causing any problems.
If you are planning to apply for a Canadian visa online, we recommend that you check the Canada ETA for more information.
Police Certificate for Canadian Visa Application
Did you know that you must attach a police certificate to your Canadian immigrant visa application? Let me explain some important facts about the certificates you need to submit.
You must attach the following to your application:
- Police certificate (original) for each country, state, or region in which you and all persons (18 years of age or older) included in the application have resided for at least 6 months (after reaching the age of 18)
- Original fingerprints must be submitted to the authorities conducting police investigations or customs clearance.
- If the authorities of the country from which the certificate was issued forward the results directly to Immigration Canada, a note explaining the situation must be attached.
- Police certificates from all countries where the applicant and his/her family have resided for more than 6 months since the age of 18 and from the country of current residence are required.
- This certificate should, if possible, be issued by a national or federal police agency. If you are not currently living in your country, you may need to apply to the local embassy or high commission in your country of residence.
- All applicants over the age of 18 are required to have a police certificate (also known as a no criminal record certificate).
- The original police certificate and the original certified translation must be presented if the certificate is not in English or French.
- The police certificate must have been issued within the last 6 months.