Maintaining Oral health is necessary to minimize the chances of heart-related problems. People who exhibit symptoms such as inflammation and pain should visit a dentist in Lahore. The dentist will perform suitable tests to specify the cause and treat it accordingly. It will help the individual recover smoothly without additional physical health-related complications.
The common causes of gum pain include:
- Inappropriate way of Brushing and Flossing Teeth: Maintaining a routine of brushing and flossing every day is essential for oral health; however, people who aggressively brush with hard bristles can affect the gums. Therefore, one must use a brush with soft bristles to protect gums and enamel.
- Are you Exhibiting Symptoms of Gum Disease? People who notice redness, swelling, and the bleeding should visit a dentist. The symptoms correlate with gingivitis or periodontitis due to poor oral hygiene. The person exhibiting symptoms of gum disease should monitor their oral health and visit a dentist to avoid complications such as tooth loss.
- Mouth Ulcers: Canker sores can cause extreme pain and difficulty swallowing food. A bacterial or viral infection can be the reason for mouth ulcers.
- Excessive Use of Tobacco: People who smoke cigarettes are prone to suffer from multiple physical health problems such as gum disease or mouth cancer. Therefore, individuals who smoke must comprehend the impact of tobacco on their overall health and eradicate it from their lifestyle.
- Allergic Reaction: Individuals may suffer from discomfort, ache, and redness due to an allergic reaction to the products. If the symptoms persist, it is best to change their products to reduce pain and discomfort.
- Food Allergies: People may notice redness and swelling in the gums after consuming a certain food item. An allergic reaction to the food can provoke gum bleeding.
- Consuming Hot Food Can Cause Burns: Hot food can burn the gums, and the person suffers from pain and discomfort. Burns and aggressive brushing can worsen the condition. It takes ten days for the gums to heal on their own; however, it is best to consume fluids and moderate-temperature food to avoid further complications.
- Hormonal Imbalance: Hormonal changes in women during menstruation, pregnancy, and puberty can cause swelling and sensitivity. It gets better on their own; however, if the person does not notice a change in the symptoms, they must confer with their doctor.
- Infection: An infection to the roots of the teeth can cause an abscess, which requires surgical treatment. In severe cases, people with tooth abscesses have to undergo a root canal procedure to prevent further damage to the gums.
- Nutrient Deficiency: Vitamin deficiencies can cause gum soreness. Adults and children must monitor their diet and include vitamin B and C to enhance their oral health and void complications.
- Cancer: Oral cancer can cause the person to suffer from bleeding, soreness, and ulcers that do not heal after fourteen days. Patients suffering from unbearable pain, dental abscess, and swelling should not delay their visit to the dentist. The symptoms may point to a serious illness, which requires immediate medical attention to avoid further damage to physical health.
- Fitting Issues of Dentures: Individuals who wear dentures should make should that there is no issue with the fittings. The poor fitting can irritate and lead to gum disease. People may suffer from unbearable pain while using dentures and partials; therefore, it is necessary to talk to the dentist to reduce the pain and swelling.
Individuals suffering from symptoms of oral cancer and gum disease should instantly seek professional assistance from the best dentist in Karachi. The dentist will guide effective treatment options and related complications. The timely treatment will help the patient get better without further complications.