One of the most important but frequently overlooked aspects of maintaining a garage door is making sure the springs are in good working order. Garage door springs are essential for maintaining a counterbalance, so the door can be lifted with ease. With that said, it’s crucial to perform regular check-ups and replacements when needed. In this blog post, we’ll show you how to properly maintain your garage door springs so they have a long lifespan. . Pro Entry Garage Doors is the best garage door repair company in Oakville that can help you with your Garage Spring repair needs.
The first thing you need to do is familiarize yourself with the different types of springs. There are two main types of springs used in garage doors—torsion springs and extension springs. Torsion springs are located above the door, while extension springs are located on either side. It’s important to know which type of spring you have so you can properly maintain it.
Types of garage door springs:
These springs are located above the garage door and provide the counterbalance that allows your door to be lifted with relatively little effort.
Extension Springs: These springs are located on either side of the garage door and help to balance the weight of the door as it is being opened or closed.
Extension springs are located on either side of the garage door and help to balance the weight of the door as it is being opened or closed. These springs typically have a lifespan of 5-7 years, but with proper maintenance, they can last even longer.
General Maintenance Tips:
1. Always make sure there is no rust or corrosion on the springs.
2. If you have torsion springs, make sure the cable is properly wound and not frayed or damaged in any way.
3. If you have extension springs, make sure they are securely fastened to the tracks on either side and not loose or damaged.
4. Regularly check the springs for any signs of wear or damage.
5. If you notice any problems with your springs, be sure to contact a professional garage door repair company such as Pro Entry Garage Doors as soon as possible to have them repaired or replaced.
Maintaining your garage door springs is an important part of keeping your garage door in good working order. By following some simple tips and performing regular maintenance, you can extend the lifespan of your garage door springs and avoid any costly repairs down the road.