Can VPN be Traced?
When connecting to a VPN server, your IP address is changed. Data traffic is encrypted using the latest algorithms. Attackers who may try to intercept information will receive an unreadable set of data. When using Anonymous Browsing, your activity on the Internet will be inaccessible to your provider and hackers.
How IP addresses are tracked by providers? Such companies are able to trace a VPN connection and, as a result, IP addresses. In this case, the information that you transmit on the Internet will be encrypted. Data tracking also becomes possible in the event of a DNS leak.
More problems can arise when you use free programs. In this case, the provider will be able to intercept your information and transfer it to interested parties.
How to remain completely anonymous with VPN?
A virtual private network is considered one of the most effective methods of keeping personal information secret, but that doesn’t mean that hackers don’t know how to get the IP address of someone using a VPN. The complete cover-up of your IP address is possible using several methods:
- Choose a VPN that doesn’t store your connection information. When there are no activity logs, it is impossible to track the activity of a specific user.
- Use the “incognito” mode in your browser. In this way, the tracking cookie will be neutralized. The cache will not be saved, so it will not fall into the hands of third parties.
- Use the Tor browser. It is one of the best tools for establishing anonymous connections. The program doesn’t run scripts that identify users. Thanks to this, you are able to access the Dark Web.
- Use the DuckDuckGo search engine, which can be considered an alternative to searching with Google. No data is saved during the process.
- Pay for your VPN with cryptocurrency. It will reduce the possibility of interception of your credit card information and other personal data.
- Use the Tails OS. This operating system is necessary to ensure complete anonymity. It requires little space in a computer’s RAM. When the device is rebooted, all viewed information is erased.
Now you know the answer to the question ‘Does VPN hide IP addresses?’. The use of multiple tools to ensure your own anonymity will allow you to avoid interception of your personal information. Scammers will not take over your data and will not be able to use it for their purposes. A competent choice of programs to protect personal information is the key to success when carrying out financial and other transactions on the Internet.