When we think about social media marketing, we tend to generally think of generating leads from Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. LinkedIn marketing services are one of the last options people think of for their marketing business strategy. But in reality, LinkedIn is a powerful business network. The monthly active users of LinkedIn are about 310 million. It is less than the 2.7 billion and 1 billion users on Instagram and Facebook, respectively.But still, LinkedIn is one of the most lucrative marketing platforms. Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram are more crowded. LinkedIn is a place for people to connect with likeminded people in their industry and to get more exposure in their industry. LinkedIn can generate more traffic to your website or blog through its LinkedIn marketing strategy. 64% of visits to websites happen through LinkedIn.
Linkedin basically gives your brand access to a whole lot of educated, capable, and influential people who can have a significant impact on your organization’s sales. Let us understand some LinkedIn marketing strategies that can help you get the best results on the platform.
1. Chart your goals
Identifying your goals is the primary step towards framing your marketing strategy. The B2B marketing marketing objectives for LinkedIn are listed as below:
- Increasing brand profile
- Generating leads and lead retention
- Increasing traffic to a website
- Promoting business events
2. Creating an effective company profile
Your brand/ company profile is the soul of your LinkedIn presence. People search for your business through its name, products, and services. So it is imperative to have a strong profile. Based on your profile, people on LinkedIn may further search for your website or may contact you.
The following are the tips to creating an impactful company profile:
- Complete your profile 100%
- Check the grammar
- Study your competitor’s profile and analyze how you can be different from them.
- List all your achievements and awards
- List down your popular clients if they have permitted you to do so.
- Include a link to your company website
- Make optimum use of the banner space provided. You can promote a certain campaign through this space. This acts as your online store.
Thus, a good LinkedIn profile reflects your creditability as a company and gives you bright client prospects.
3. Page optimization
Making a good profile is just not enough. What if people can not find your profile? So, to reach out to your target audience on LinkedIn, you must optimize your page by inserting relevant industry keywords into your company profile. Also, do not underestimate the power of a profile picture. It is the first impression of your profile, so put the picture according to the brand that you want to promote.
You can also do targeted advertising to reach a wider audience on LinkedIn. LinkedIn offers over 200 targeting characteristics that help you target people by name, location, industry, job title, and more. Below listed are the LinkedIn ad options:
- Text ads that appear on profile pages, notifications, search results, group pages, and the homepage
- Sponsored content to magnify your business posts to a greater audience
- Sponsored InMail to send cold messages to LinkedIn members
4. Sharing content
Now it is time to share your content through LinkedIn marketing services. Content marketing on Linkedin is one of the most effective ways to gain rewards as the audience on Linkedin is hungry for valuable knowledge and information. You can share industry or company-related content through blogs, webinars, videos, or just simple posts. You can also tag the influencers and leaders of your industry to contribute through their comments or opinions. The key is to post consistently and regularly in order to increase visibility and engagement. The following are free tools that can help you create graphics and videos:
The following are the tips to make the posts effective:
- Share important posts on Tuesdays and Thrusdays.
- Reshare posts on Mondays and Fridays.
- The headlines of the posts should range between 40-60 characters. Your code breaks after 220 characters and stays hidden.
- Headlines including questions, lists, and how to do tutorials perform the best.
- Use hashtags properly and creatively.
- Use a tracking link after posting a link.
- LinkedIn rewards posts without corporate links. So put the links in the comments and write engaging posts.
Networking is one of the most important aspects of LinkedIn marketing. This includes following influential people and also gaining followers. You can try the below tactics for this:
- Ensure that all your employees and stakeholders follow your company page and like, share, and comment positively on your posts regularly. They are the biggest brand advocates.
- Invite your customers, partners, and sponsors to follow your page. You can promote your page through blogs, emails, press releases, and newsletters.
- Sharing the content of influencers in your industry will also impact your profile performance. You can share their posts, blogs, videos, etc.
- You can also tag connections to promote your content if they are useful.
- You can also ask your customers to write reviews or testimonials for your brand. This increases brand goodwill and creditability.
Once you establish your company profile well on LinkedIn, it is time to analyze your performance and experiment through a new trial and error method. Try posting at different times of the day and week. Find out which post gets more engagement on what day and time. Also, study your competitor’s page. Find out what they do differently and what makes them more popular on LinkedIn. Discover the loopholes that exist in your sector and try to fill them.
7. Examine your results.
Lastly, analyze your efforts and performance regularly to improve your data-driven marketing. There is a reporting function available for your social media schedules too. If you do not have that, you can use LinkedIn’s own analytics, which can give you tremendous page insight.
Linkedin is by far one of the best B2B marketing channels to develop your business. You can also avail Linkedin marketing services from LinkedIn marketing agencies if you do not want to involve in the nitty-grities of this social media platform.