It’s famously said, “a good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in a doctor’s book.”
Centenarians agree a great laugh with friends and a good night’s rest can help you live healthier. While great jokes are readily available on Netflix, an orthopedic mattress might be the answer to your sleep problems. Whether you’re looking for the best orthopedic mattress in India or abroad, here are a few points of considerations:
What is an orthopedic mattress?
If you wake up with back pain from sleeping “wrong”, the problem might be with your mattress. An orthopedic mattress is made of materials like coir, spring, memory foam, and latex that help give you the best support for your back and spine.
Although they first appeared in the 1950s by doctors and medical advancements, many name brands are launching these mattresses’ line. The best part today is that you can customize your mattress to suit your exact needs.
How are they good for me?
Whether you have serious back conditions like chronic back pain, cervical pain, spondylolisthesis, arthritis, etc., or you’re used to waking up with a frozen back and low quality sleep; an orthopedic mattress can be helpful in the following ways:
- It adapts to the curves of your body. That way, it hugs you in the right places.
- It supports all your pressure points.
- It is firm enough to take your weight and soft enough to put you to sleep.
- It allows for natural spine alignment.
What do the orthopedic specialists say?
With our current working situations, we rarely get time for dedicated workout sessions. This is why a lot of us face back problems.
Being tested and certified by credible medical bodies ensures you are getting a doctor recommended solution to your back problems.
That being said, please ensure you work out to strengthen your back. It’s a holistic approach, and a mattress is just one part of the solution.
Do I need this mattress?
Three things to consider before buying an orthopedic mattress:
- Do I wake up with back, neck, and shoulder pain?
- Do I have any spinal ailments?
- During the day, do I feel strain in my back, neck, or shoulders?
Buying a luxury orthopedic mattress is a long term investment. Not getting proper sleep affects your health long term too. These questions can get you thinking about your health.
How can I choose the right one?
While the number of “orthopedic mattresses” are rapidly growing in today’s market, not all mattresses that claim so are truly orthopedic. Here are a few tips to keep in mind while mattress shopping:
- Does the mattress provide zonal support to my body? (Look for the “weight is evenly distributed” claim)
- Is it scientifically engineered? (Look for “contours to the shape of your body” claim)
- What degree of support do I get? (Medium-firm or firm)
- Is it breathable? (look for “air circulation/ reduces heat while sleeping” claim)
- Who accredited it? (A quick google search can help you find the credibility of the medical board/ health expert’s seal)
With that, go fully equipped with the knowledge to buy yourself the best luxury orthopedic mattress. Sleep right!