India is the top travel destination on everyone’s bucket list.
Before planning your itinerary and booking flight tickets, check the following: Travel guidelines, Tourist visa checklist, and Updates on visa applications.
Covid-19 travel restrictions frequently change, so check the latest travel information before packing your bags. Also, get a visa to enter this country as a tourist.
We will be covering all things Indian tourist visas in this article.
What is a visa for emergencies?
The emergency visa to India is an Indian visa that can be sought for and issued in a day or less due to unanticipated circumstances that you might not have anticipated in advance. For instance, a close relative’s passing, medical emergencies, or even legal matters require your presence in India.
You might require other types of visas in cases where travel, intercultural unions, or friend visits are urgent. Amazingly, applications for urgent or emergency Indian e-Visas can be processed even on weekends for those who need to travel due to an emergency or on short notice.
After receiving a complete application, all required documentation, and full payment confirmation, you may get an Emergency Indian e-Visa issued in 1 to 3 days. For better convenience, you might have to pay a greater fee for visas that need to be issued immediately.
This expedited processing is available for travelers on vacation or business who need a visa for medical treatment or to attend a conference.
Some Important Things You Must Know
This information is essential before you apply for Indian visa:
- The Urgent / Emergency Visa is solely subject to acceptance.
- You might get asked to give a copy of hospital letters as proof of your illness or death in certain circumstances, such as medical issues and fatalities. Your application for an emergency visa to India can only be allowed if you have the letter.
- When communicating for any extra information needed, you must ensure you give the correct information, such as an accurate email address, phone number, and social media account.
- The emergency visa application process doesn’t get the process on national holidays, such as India’s Republic Day on January 26, Independence Day on August 15, and Mahatma Gandhi’s birthday on October 2.
- Suppose an applicant has multiple legitimate passports, a damaged passport, an expired passport, a valid visa that has already been awarded but is still in effect, or multiple visa applications. In that case, the government may take longer (up to 4 days) to decide on a visa.
What Are Some Necessary Documents?
Take these documents with you before you apply for Indian visa:
- You will require additional documentation when applying for a medical visa or an emergency visa and proof of death or illness.
- You will need to provide a scanned copy of your passport with at least six months of remaining validity and two blank pages. A size of, at most, 4MB is preferable.
- You’ll also need a current colored photo of yourself. For clarity, a white background is desirable. Even better, you can use a high-end smartphone to take a digital image and upload it.
If you need your emergency visa to India processed quickly, fill out the form and pay the fast-track processing cost. In addition to the fee for applying for a visa, there is a fast-track fee.
If the application is correctly completed and the necessary documents and reports are submitted, the emergency Indian visa will arrive in ONE to THREE working days. You might have to pay a more excellent price if you need access immediately.