What if you can’t sleep in your bed for five days? What if some tiny bugs, invisible to your eyes, annoy you the entire night? Many DIYs may or may not work. In such cases, hiring experts and letting them do the job is always beneficial. Yet, we have a reliable bed bug treatment if you want to do it yourself. Here are the steps to follow:
Step 1: Inspection
Due to the rapid reproduction of bed bugs, the earlier you find them, the better. Small infestations are easier and cheaper to treat. Yet, it’s hard to detect a handful of bed bugs as they can squeeze into tiny spits like mattress seams or bed frames. So, we recommend hiring a bed bug removal service for detailed inspection. Some experts use trained dogs to detect these pests by scent.
To detect the infestation, take a magnifying glass and flashlight. You can look for the bugs in the below-mentioned areas:
- Cracks in bed frames
- Between couch cushions
- Furniture joints
- Electrical outlets
- Behind loose wallpapers
Other than their physical appearance, here are the signs that can confirm their presence in your bed:
- Bed bug droppings – tiny dark spots
- Reddish-brown stains on mattress or bed sheets
- Small and pale egg shells, eggs and shredded skin
- Disturbed sleep and itchy skin
Once you catch a nasty bug, put it in a jar and add one spoon of alcohol. Many other bugs look like bed bugs, and you may not notice them quickly. In such cases, always rely on professionals that offer top-notch pest control in Hobart for detailed treatment.
Step 2: Vacuuming
- Wash beds, linens, bed sheets, pillowcases, curtains, and clothes in hot water and tumble dry on the highest setting. Stuffed animals, shoes and other objects that are not washable should be placed in the dryer and dried for an hour.
- Before cleaning, scour mattress seams with a firm brush to eliminate bedbugs and their eggs.
- Vacuum your bed and surrounding area regularly. After cleaning, immediately place the vacuum cleaner bag in a plastic bag and dispose of it in an outdoor garbage can.
Include these places in your vacuuming plan:
- Nearby Furnishings
Along with vacuuming, wash the affected areas and dry them properly to avoid other pest infestations. A top-class bed bug removal service may also sanitize and clean the infested place after the treatment. So, it’s always a win-win situation to hire pros.
Step 3: Treatment Preparation
Before you start the procedure:
- Declutter your home to maxi6mise your treatment’s success rate.
- Remove linens, drapes, carpets, and clothes.
- Pick up magazines, books an66666d newspaper stacks.
However, you have to be careful not to move items from infested room to a clean one because that can spread bugs.
After cleaning up the space:
- Seal any open cracks or holes.
- Use glue to fix loose wallpapers and tape to close available electrical outlets.
- Don’t forget to move your bed 6 inches away from the wall so the bugs won’t climb on it during the treatment.
Step 4: Bed Bug Treatment
The best way to get rid of bed bugs is to clean and wash your bedding—no pests like a fresh smell of detergents. All they need to stay comfortable in your bedding is dust, musty odor and darkness. So, eliminate all these factors, and you are good to go.
Professionals use different chemical and non-chemical treatments that are unsafe to carry out by newbies. So, if you want a permanent solution, call a bed bug removal service instead of relying on DIYs.
Can You Get Rid of Bed Bugs on Your Own?
Bed bugs are not easy to deal with. The home remedies will give you a tough time if you have places for the tiny bloodsuckers to hide. You may follow all the DIY tricks and share the bed with these bugs. Also, if you travel a lot from one motel to another, you may continue to bring these bugs into your home, and no DIYs can remove them again and again.
On the other hand, professionals use proven treatments that eliminate all traces of inspection. They also advise you on prevention methods to keep the insects at bay. However, you have to hire experts that provide guaranteed pest control in Hobart and nearby areas.
Local Pest Control Hobart ensures the complete safety of you and your family with a green and result-oriented emergency pest control service. Our local pest controllers are well-trained and have years of experience dealing with different inspects. So, call us now and talk to the experts!