The drains in your home or other places get blocked repeatedly and this is very troublesome. You must be tired of being calling a plumber and spending money several times, but after some time facing the same issues, then this article could be beneficial for you. First of all, we have to find out why drains get blocked. It is because when some other solid material also flows with water and can’t get out of drains, drains get blocked, and we face difficulties. It’s not a big issue. Here you will study some tips which help you to get rid of blocked drains.
6 Ways to clean blocked drains:
If you are facing blocked drains issues, again and again, this article could be beneficial. Here are some ways are shared by which you can get rid of the problem:
Clean the pipe:
- Place an empty bucket under the U-shaped pipe below the drain.
- The bucket will catch any water leaks. Use a wrench that helps loosen the slip of the nuts at both ends of the pipe.
- Feel free to remove it and turn it over, emptying the contents into the bucket.
- You may also need to fish out the debris inside the blocked drains and do the same with the hoses holding them back.
- An old toothbrush helps remove the most challenging parts.
- Rinse the trap with water, then put everything back in place.
Using hot water:
- For a quick and easy fix to your blocked drains, try pouring a pot of boiling water down the drain. In many cases, this is enough to dissolve the blockage without resorting to more drastic measures.
- Use this method only on metal or ceramic pipes as heat can loosen joints on PVC pipes. For PVC pipes, use tap water instead of boiling water.
- This method can effectively fat or food build-ups, but it is unlikely to work for solid blocks.
Baking soda and white vinegar:
- You can make a DIY drain cleaner using baking soda and white vinegar. Pour the baking soda down the drain, followed by the vinegar.
- Cover the drain to prevent the mixture from escaping from the pipe.
- The chemical reaction between the baking soda and the vinegar produces oxygen, which rubs the inside of the tubes, removing them.
- A simple hanger can be practical on blocked drains. Take a regular change, straighten it and form a small hook at one end of the wire. Slowly push this end into the drain hole and start “fishing”.
- Avoid pushing the hook down, as this can move the block further down the drain.
- Instead, it uses gentle “stimulating” and “hooking” motions to help remove and clean the dirt blocking the drain.
Wet vacuum cleaner:
- A wet vacuum does precisely what the name suggests – it cleans both liquids and dry dust and dirt. These types are often used to vacuum waste from blocked drains, especially if the block is high. Create a gasket on the cap to avoid spoiling everything.
- Then set the vacuum to the liquid setting with the most potent suction and place it on top of the cap. Please turn on the vacuum and let it sit for 12 minutes.
- Then turn off and run the water slowly to see if the drain has unlocked.
- Cola is a lesser-known solution that you can find in your fridge.
- Pour a 2-litre bottle of cola – Pepsi, Coke, or brand-name generic substitutes down the clogged drain.
- Coke is quite acidic and effective at removing buildup in drains, but it’s much gentler than commercial drain cleaners.
- Let sit and wait at least an hour before running hot water to drain everything.
Nevertheless, this is the most you can do for the blockages in the drain. Do not try to overdo sny step. Be patient wait for the result. When you notice that these drains are still clogged you know it is time to get the help of a professional. Do not try to push in anything foreign in the blocked drains. Call for a plumber immediately.