Brand activation is the process of increasing brand awareness. An in-store brand activation is a new approach of marketing that drives consumer actions through engagement, and brand centered experiences. In-store brand activation is a highly effective marketing model to bring brands to life. One of the main motives of this type of marketing is to form long-term emotional connections with the customers by attracting, engaging, and motivating the customers. Consumer brand activations are vital in building a positive brand perception. Many brands take the advantage of experiential events, in-store retail marketing, and sponsorships as 98% of customers feel more inclined to purchase a product after attending an activation.
One of the biggest examples of in-store brand activation is experiential marketing. Here, modern and latest technological advancements are used to showcase their products and services through AR and VR. Many CPG (Consumer Packaged Goods) companies display their products using robots for in-store marketing. With the combination of sound, light, and motion technology, the robotic interactive display makes the product the star of the shelf. In this way, giving a memorable experience to the consumers becomes easy.
Key Principles Associated With In-Store Brand Activation
Working on a few core features of brand activation can distinguish a brand from its competition even in the most crowded marketplaces. Here, brands should strive to create a real emotional engagement with the customer. An important thing is that every campaign you launch should bring a positive feeling to the consumers’ minds.
- Insights Drive Ideas: You can tap into the consumer insights and passion by inspiring demand for your brand.
- Importance of Timing and Place: The time and place at which you connect with your consumers play a big role.
- Invite Participation: It is one of the widely used strategies by CPG companies and brands. You should invite your consumers and push them down the path.
In-Store Brand Activation Helps in Many Ways
- More purchasing and sales opportunities
With in-store retail marketing activations, a brand can enhance its image and help consumers choose it over other brands. Also, it helps in featuring the many advantages offered by a brand. The world’s big brands have successfully been able to introduce the lifestyle that is associated with buying the product.
- Higher exploration time is given to customers to pick a product up from the checkout area
The retail checkout experience can be improved, and customer irritation can be avoided. In addition to that, the traditional advertising clutter can be cut, and still, the benefits can be leveraged. Hence, new sales can be rung up from anywhere and especially near the checkout areas.
- Products are positioned better, giving result to increase in-store promotion
With the best in-store advertising solutions for CPG brands, products can come to life. It attracts customers’ attention and tempts them to pause and take a look at the brand. This means increased sales and company revenue.
Many world’s leading brands use in-store retail marketing activations and are using point of purchase displays, attractive hosting, attractive designs allowing consumers to try a product. For example, Ray-Ban launched a campaign called ‘Never Hide’ inside their departmental stores. It engaged consumers to try one new polarized sunglass and encouraged them to take their pictures inside a Ray-Ban photo booth.
Factors of a Brand Activation Campaign
Many measurement factors help to conclude.
- Brand Relevance: Your campaign should be relevant to the core values and message of your brand.
- Consumer Reach: How many targeted consumers, either nationwide or city-wide can be touched and reached?
- Integration Capabilities: If your brand activation campaign can reach other types of marketing channels, then it can open various doors of success.
- Amplification: Your campaign should be flexible so that changes can be made to increase the amplification.
In the coming years, brand activation will take the lead. It focuses on giving the best experiences instead of the products and services. The brands that want to target millennials and generation Z, should upgrade to brand activation and say goodbye to traditional advertising. Now, brands can create extraordinary impressions and more immersive pictures in the consumers’ minds.