Easy Resolutions to Fix the Canon Printer Offline Issue
Canon printers are feature-packed devices that need no introduction. However, when they encounter technical glitches, it creates a very difficult situation for users. You may notice your Canon printer offline frequently over the course of its usage.
The problem arises due to incorrect printer settings, lack of internet connection, or outdated drivers. But you can bring your printer online with some easy fixes.
Keep reading the article to learn about troubleshooting this offline issue.
Solutions to Use for the Canon Printer Offline Issue
You can resolve this issue with these troubleshooting techniques.
Choose the correct printer.
Before printing, you must check that your Canon printer is appropriate. If you’ve selected the wrong printer, choose the correct one as the default printing device.
- Go to the ‘Control Panel’ and from there to ‘Devices and Printers.’
- Here, find your Canon printing device.
- Right-tap it and select ‘Set as default printer.’
- A check mark will display beside the printer’s icon. It means that it is online.
- Apart from that, remove the duplicate printer and give a test print command.
Do not select the use printer offline option.
Another good technique to use is to uncheck the Use Printer Offline option. You will find that the Canon printer is offline if its status is Use Printer Offline.
- Open the printer and prompt the Run box.
- Now, in the ‘Control Panel’, select ‘Devices and Printers.’
- You will see your Canon printer on the screen.
- Click on the ‘Printer’ option.
- Here if you notice two checkmarks adjacent to ‘Use Printer Offline’ uncheck them.
- The printer will come back online.
Power cycle your Canon printer
Sometimes, the printer can go offline because of losing communication or due to some error within it. In such a case, you can power cycle the printer.
- Use the Power button to turn off the printer.
- When it is turned off, disconnect its power cord from the back.
- Wait for about 30 seconds before reconnecting it.
- After that, hit the printer’s Power button to turn on the device.
- When it is powered on and ready, try printing or scanning.
Turn on the printer spooler service
If the spooler service of your Canon printer is off, you will definitely find your Canon printer offline.
- Bring the Run dialog box on the screen.
- In this box, type ‘services.msc.’
- The Properties window will open.
- Here, find the ‘Printer Spooler’ option.
- After locating this option, ensure that its mode is Running.
- If it isn’t, right-tap on the printer spooler and pick the ‘Start’ option.
- Now, in order to restart the printer spooler service, right-tap on this option and choose ‘Restart.’
- Exit the Properties window.
- Now, examine your printer status.
- Most likely, it will be online.
Update the driver manually or automatically
You can update the Canon printer through the Device Manager. Follow these pointers to do so.
- In the Run window, input ‘devmgmt.msc.’
- Now, below ‘Print Queues’ locate your printer.
- Right-tap on your Canon printer.
- Now, from the menu, tap ‘Update driver.’
- For updated driver software, click ‘Search automatically.’
- Finally, start your system again.
Check your internet connection
You will find that your Canon printer is offline if you have a poor internet connection. So, examining the internet connection will be useful when facing this problem.
- Tap the Internet icon present on the notification tray.
- See whether you are linked to good internet.
- Ensure that your system and the Canon printer are connected to a single network.
- In case you use USB cables to link the printer, find if there are any signs of damage on the cable.
- You can also modify the USB port and see if this fixes the problem.
Reset the printing system
Do you find your Canon printer showing offline status on your Mac device? If yes, poor network settings can be the cause. Reset Apple’s printing system to fix the problem using these steps.
- Head to the Apple menu.
- After that, opt for the ‘System Preferences’ option from the dropdown.
- Next, hit the ‘Printers and Scanners’ option.
- A popup window will launch in the left panel.
- Right-tap and choose the option, ‘Reset printing system.’
- You will need to input your username and password.
- Hit the ‘OK’ button.
- Let the printer list open.
- Add your printer using the ‘+’ symbol.
- That’s it. It will bring your Canon printer offline from offline.
Cancel print jobs
If the Canon printer offline problem has still not been resolved, clear the print queue. Use these steps here to do so.
- Launch the ‘Control Panel’ on your system.
- After that, choose ‘Devices and Printers.’
- Now, locate your Canon printer.
- Right-tap on it.
- Hit the ‘See what’s printing’ option.
- After that, cancel the items present in the printing queue.
- Now, check if the printer has come online.
These are some easy ways to fix the Canon printer offline issue. Most probably, fixing the internet connection, updating the drivers, and setting the printer as the default device will help you troubleshoot it. If you need more clarification, consult a printer technical expert.