Following a car accident, your doctor may recommend that you receive chiropractic adjustments in Denver. While some auto accidents may just be minor fender benders, some can result in serious injuries or even fatalities. Some of the most common car accident injuries include back pain, shoulder pain, bruised ribs, spinal cord injuries, and more. And when these injuries go untreated, they can get even worse and dramatically degrade the quality of your life.
If you’ve been in a car accident, a chiropractor may be an ideal option to treat your injuries and help get you back on your feet sooner than ever. Chiropractic care is both safe and non-invasive, which is why many patients choose this type of care over alternatives. Chiropractic adjustments work with your body to heal, which can lead to a quicker and longer-lasting recovery. Here, we’re taking a closer look at how chiropractic care can treat many of the most common car accident injuries.
What is Chiropractic Care?
Let’s start at the beginning: what exactly do chiropractors do? Chiropractic care is based on a series of manual adjustments that work to gradually realign the spine and entire musculoskeletal system into its proper alignment. With these chiropractic adjustments, a chiropractor will use hands-on therapy to apply controlled force along the spinal column—or any joint area that is experiencing pain or discomfort. When properly performed, these chiropractic adjustments can realign your spine and patients experience a range of health benefits.
Chiropractic care is specifically designed to address the needs of the patient. They will be able to target your specific problem area and perform specific adjustments that can relieve pain, improve mobility, and boost your overall health and wellness. Many of the most common types of chiropractic adjustments include the Diversified technique, the Gonstead technique, and the Activator Method. No matter the technique utilized, patients love chiropractic care because it offers a safe, non-invasive, and holistic alternative to other types of care. Visiting a chiropractor can also help you avoid invasive techniques like medication or surgery.
Can Chiropractors Treat Car Accident Injuries?
In short, the answer is yes, chiropractors can effectively treat a range of car accident injuries. Chiropractic care can help in the following ways:
· Pain relief: chronic back pain, shoulder pain, or neck pain and stiffness are common following the sudden impact and trauma created by a car accident. Chiropractic adjustments work to treat the musculoskeletal system and nervous systems to provide pain relief that is designed to last. Chiropractic care can also help you avoid the need for prescription pain medication.
· Improved mobility: chiropractic adjustments can also help you regain mobility in your joints following a car accident. Limited mobility can prohibit you from doing even the simplest of activities.
· Reduce scar tissue: following a crash, scar tissue is a common issue and it can cause pain and soreness throughout the body. Chiropractors can use specialized techniques that work with your body to break down scar tissue so you can heal faster.
· Reduce inflammation: inflammation is normal following an injury as this points toward your body’s healing. However, too much inflammation can cause pain, discomfort, and even damage your tissue. Chiropractic care helps your body release cytokine, which actually reduces your inflammation.
Common Car Accident Injuries Treated By Chiropractors
Recovering from a car accident injury can be challenging. This is especially true because many injuries are hard to detect immediately after the crash. Following an event as traumatic as an auto accident, your body releases adrenaline, which can mask pain and the true extent of your injuries. This is why it’s recommended that you receive medical attention after a crash even if you feel okay. Even many personal injury attorneys in Denver will recommend you see a chiropractor to help treat your injuries.
Many of the most common car accident injuries that are often treated by chiropractors include:
1. Back pain: back pain, especially occurring in the lower back, is one of the most common car accident injuries. Untreated back pain can make your daily activities feel almost impossible and impact every aspect of your life.
2. Whiplash: this occurs when the sudden impact of the collision forces your head to suddenly jerk forward. Whiplash tears the fine muscles in the neck and upper back and may also cause dislocation.
3. Spinal cord injuries: a spinal cord injury can prove significant following an accident. Whether you suffer from a herniated disc or misalignment, a spinal cord injury needs to be treated immediately.
4. Muscle pain and soreness: muscle strains can be extremely painful and may limit your mobility. Chiropractic care can prove to be effective at reducing tension and soreness throughout the body. Some chiropractors may also offer massage therapy at their chiropractic clinics, which in tandem with adjustments, can make a major difference.
Conclusion – Can Physical Therapy Treat Car Accident Injuries?
Sadly, car accidents are a common occurrence throughout the entire country. Whether on a highway or rural road, car accidents occur every day and can lead to a wide range of different injuries. Some of the most common car accident injuries include whiplash, back pain, neck pain and stiffness, muscle pain, spinal cord injuries, and headaches. What do all these injuries have in common? One thing is that they can all be treated by a chiropractor.
If a car accident injury is left untreated, it may prove to be even more problematic and could lead to even more health problems. Don’t wait to receive the care you need. For anyone involved in a car accident, speak to your doctor and ask about chiropractic care. They can help you determine if this would be an ideal type of treatment for your specific injuries and needs.
Chiropractors specialize in treating a range of musculoskeletal injuries and those affecting the body’s nervous system. Whether experiencing back pain, neck pain, joint problems, or many other common car accident injuries, chiropractic care could be the right choice to improve your recovery.