Chartered Accountant is a professional course conducted by the Institute of Chartered Accountant in India(ICAI). Once the candidates qualify for the CA Final Exams, they will become eligible to acquire the membership of CA by the ICAI. ICAI has issued the plan for the November session of the exam on July 16, but due to a pandemic situation, the old scheme exam and the new scheme got postponed, and now it will be in 2021.
The CA final exam had been postponed many times due to the COVID-19 lockdown. The exam of both the old and new syllabus is going to be conducted on equivalent dates.
The candidates can fill the registration form for the CA final at any time during the year. To this date, candidates are not charged any late fees. Twice a year the CA final exam is conducted. To fill the CA Final exam form of the May attempt the last date was 4th September and after this date candidates will be charged a late fee of Rs 600 and for overseas students US $10. The admit card of the CA final is going to be issued on the official website of ICAI 14 days before the commencement of the CA final exams.
Willing to join the Best CA institute for the CA final courses in India then you must join Vidya Sagar Institute (VSI). VSI has always come out with its outstanding performances with 2 times AIR in the CA final. VSI conducts its classes with proper guidance and focuses on each and every student.
Dates and Timing for the CA Final Nov Exams
Given below are mentioned the exam dates of the CA final Nov exams with timings of both the groups of CA final are shared by ICAI before the exams. CA Final Group 1
|1||Financial Reporting||2.00pm – 5.00pm|
|2||Strategic Financial Management||2.00pm – 5.00pm|
|3||Advanced Auditing and Professional Ethics||2.00pm – 5.00pm|
|4||Corporate and Economic LawsPart I- Corporate LawsPart II- Economic Laws||2.00pm – 5.00pm|
- CA Final Group 2
|5||Strategic Cost Management and Performance Evaluation||2.00pm – 5.00pm|
Financial services and capital market
Economic lawsGlobal financial reporting standards
Multidisciplinary case study
|2.00pm – 5.00pm|
|7||Direct tax laws and international taxation||2.00pm – 5.00pm|
|8||Indirect tax laws||2.00pm – 5.00pm|
CA Final Eligibility Criteria :
Candidates must know the eligibility criteria of the CA final exam. The eligibility criteria are as given below:
- With the minimum required marks, the candidate has to clear the CA intermediate or IPCC level exam
- The CA final candidates should have finished the four weeks of Advanced Integrated Course on Information Technology and Soft Skills (ACCESS).
- The candidates have to complete a minimum of 2.5 years of the CA final educational program as per the principles of ICAI to be eligible for the CA final exams.
CA Final Registration :
Candidates eligible for the CA final can apply for the registration of the CA final online. The registration form of the CA final is out there on the official website of ICAI throughout the year. To seem within the exam of CA final candidates can fill the examination form only after registration as per the relevant exam attempt. The registration of the CA final can be done online mode by the candidates. Now, the institute doesn’t provide the choice to register for the CA final in offline mode.
Listing of the demanded documents for CA final registration –
- Candidates must have the attested Certificate of Special Category (SC / ST / OBC / PwD)
- Candidates should have properly certified mark sheets of CA IPCC / Intermediate exam .
- Candidates must have a certificate of Nationality.
- Candidates must have the scanned passport-size photo of the candidate.
- Also, a scanned signature of the candidates is required.
CA Final Examination form :
Candidates can fill the CA final examination form from the official website of ICAI. The mode of payment of the CA final examination form will be through debit/credit card, net banking, Rupay card/Visa/Master Card/Maestro Card. Candidates who have registered can fill the examination form for the CA final. The last day to fill the CA final examination form was 8th September. The candidates will need to fill the selection of groups at the time of filling the CA final exam form. The examination fees of the CA final also will be filled by the candidate at the time of filling the exam form online. The institute won’t allow the candidates to write the exam of CA final who haven’t filled the exam form.
CA Final Admit Card :
The admit card of the CA final exam is going to be issued by the ICAI 14 days before the commencement of the CA final exams. ICAI does not send admit cards physically. The admit card of the CA final examination will be available on the ICAI’s official website. The admit card of CA Final will include all the small print associated with the exam like the name of the exam center, exam timing, exam date, photo of the candidate, signature of the candidate, etc. All the CA final candidates must carry the admit card at the exam center.
CA Final Syllabus :
The syllabus of the CA final is available on the official website of ICAI. The CA final May exam is going to be conducted as per both the old and new syllabus for all the candidates of the CA final. The candidates preparing for the exam must ask the syllabus to know all the topics which may be asked within the CA final exam. The notification is issued from time to time by the institute within the syllabus of the CA final examination, the candidates must ask for those notifications.
CA Final Results :
CA final results are declared after the exams are over. The results are declared by ICAI. Once the results of the CA final are out Students can check the CA final results on VSI. From VSI candidates can download the results directly. The result for CA final exam in November will be declared soon. Given below is the passing rates of CA final candidates in both the groups of the last five years.
CA Final Fee Structure:
The CA final fee structure initiated by the ICAI for the Nov attempt is explained below:
|Registration fees||–||22000||US$ 1000|
|Examination fees||–||1800/3300||US$ 550|
|Practical training fees||2000||14500||–|
|Exam Fees||Indian Centers||Foreign Centers|
|(In Rs)||Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Muscat, and Doha ($)||Kathmandu (INR)|
|For both groups||3300||$550||4000|
|For single group||1800||$325||2200|
Note: After 26th August, candidates will be charged the late fee of Rs 600 for Indian and Kathmandu centers and US$ 10 will be charged for the overseas centers.
Revised CA Final Exam Pattern:
Revised CA final exam pattern initiated by the ICAI is explained below:
- The elective subject from Paper 6A to 6F in the question paper will have 5 case studies consisting of 25 marks each with an option to attempt any four case studies.
- In CA final exams, there would be 10 MCQs of 1 mark each.
- It will have descriptive questions like computation, analysis, or interpretation of 15 marks each.
|Final (New)||Final (Old)|
|3||Advanced auditing and professional ethics||3||Advanced auditing and professional ethics|
|4||Corporate and economics law||4||Corporate and allied laws|
|7||Direct tax laws and international taxations||6||Information system control and audit|
|8||Indirect taxes||7||Direct taxes|
|9||Indirect tax law|
- The subjects mentioned above will consist of 30% weightage for objective type questions and the rest 70% will be as per the current pattern of the assessment.
- In the 100 marks paper, there will be 30 marks objective type questions.
- There will be no internal choices for MCQs.
- In CA final exams there will be no negative marking.
- Candidates do not have to mention the reasoning for MCQs.
CA Final Revision Strategies:
CA finals are very crucial for every CA candidate. In the last month before CA final exams candidates have to plan their preparations in a very systematic manner. In the last month before the CA final exams, candidates have to go through each and every topic of the CA final syllabus. Given below are the strategies to revise in the last month before the CA final exams:
- Candidates must decide whether they are ready for both the groups or they should only go for single group exams.
- Candidates should design the time table according to their own comfort level.
- Candidates have to plan their studies in such a way that theory and practical subjects go hand in hand.
- Candidates should prepare for one exemption subject.
- For exam day revision, candidates must have the short notes ready so that they can revise easily.
- Students should solve the CA final mock test papers and revision test papers as much as they can in the last month before the exams.
- Students should try to cover the amendments especially of subjects like direct tax, indirect tax, and law.
- Try to learn the section numbers so that you can make your answer more presentable in your CA final exams.
- Candidates are advised to cover all the important and lengthy topics first.
- And lastly, try to manage your time so that you do not miss your answers in your CA final exams.
CA final is the last step in your journey to becoming a Chartered Accountant. So before appearing for the CA final exams, candidates must know all the important points mentioned above on this page. To make your preparation easy and want to excel in your CA final examinations, candidates should join VSI now. VSI is one of the best institutes in India for CA final courses.