Boost Customer Satisfaction with These Easy Restroom Amenity Upgrades
Did you know that 74% of customers surveyed will not return to a business that has dirty restrooms? It’s true but it’s not only about keeping the toilets and sinks clean but about having updated and convenient restroom amenities which also make a huge impact on customer satisfaction and long-term retention.
A Cintas Corporation commissioned survey found dirty restrooms would cause customers to:
“Have a negative perception of a business” and “more than two in three Americans (68%) also say restrooms with empty hand soap, toilet paper and paper towel dispensers would impact their opinion of a business negatively.” [source]
It’s obvious that a poorly-maintained restroom will eventually turn customers right off—and very quickly. A clean and maintained restroom on the other hand is easily going to build trust and credibility with customers from the very first time they come to your business,
Having a positive experience at a business has exponentially positive effects like leading to positive word-of-mouth referrals and increased customer loyalty. Who would have thought that a clean restroom would contribute to a business’s bottom-line?
Your Restroom Amenities Can Attract and Retain Customers
As a business owner you know that customer satisfaction is crucial to your success. Below we’ll explore the role that updated and modern restroom amenities play in attracting and retaining customers, and give you tips and resources for business owners who are on the first leg of their journey to updating their restrooms.
Upgrading restrooms with accessibility features is likely to have a positive impact on any business or corporation. For example, making restrooms more accessible, make it easier for people with disabilities to use them, of which improves the customer experience and customer satisfaction. The customer or employee is not left frustrated, and their friends won’t hear about it.
Also, businesses that are seen as being inclusive and accessible are much more attractive to customers and employees, which tend to have a positive impact on the business’s reputation and bottom line.
Plan on Updating Your Restroom Amenities
When it comes upgrading your restroom amenities, some of the first things you can do is invest in small things like new toilet seat covers, hand dryers, soap dispensers and garbage disposal. These items which are easy to purchase at any commercial bathroom supply website, can add a touch of modernity to your restroom and improve the overall user experience.
Other more expensive updates can include installing new mirrors, faucets, light fixtures, and adding a fresh coat of paint or wallpaper. The following list dives into more ways to upgrade a business restroom and keep it up with the times:
- Provide a high-quality, well-maintained facilities: Ensuring that the restrooms are clean, well-ventilated, and well-maintained is essential for customer satisfaction and this must include regularly restocking supplies, fixing damages or malfunctions, and ensuring that the facilities are always clean.
- Offer hand sanitizer and air fresheners: Providing hand sanitizer and air fresheners will help improve the overall cleanliness and ambiance of the restrooms, which can be appreciated by customers and employees alike.
- Provide accessible facilities for disabled people: Ensuring that restrooms are accessible for people with disabilities is not only a legal requirement in most North American states and provinces, but accessibility also helps improve the customer experience for this group of individuals. This type of equipment will include installing grab bars, providing wider stalls, and ensuring that the facilities are wheelchair accessible.
- Install changing stations: Adult or baby changing tables are becoming more popular and pertinent every year. They improve the customer experience and provide a clean and easily accessible place for customers to change their children’s diapers or assist adults with disabilities. This type of accessibility creates a positive impact on a company’s reputation by appearing inclusive and accommodating and potentially helps the business comply with laws and regulations that are or may come into effect to assist people in public spaces.
- Add extra features and amenities: Depending on the type of business and/or customer demographics, adding extra features to the restrooms will also improve customer satisfaction. This could include providing toiletry amenities like mouthwash and lotions, or adding music or a televisions to make the restroom experience more enjoyable.
Focus on Boosting Customer Satisfaction
If you’re a business owner and need to boost customer satisfaction and your bottom line, don’t neglect perfecting your restroom. In a world where word-of-mouth and online reviews can make or break a business, there’s no excuse for not investing in making your public restroom an enjoyable place to be in.