Apps That Help Kids Learn About Emotional Learning
Social emotional learning (SEL) is an important component of child development, and it’s something we want our children to learn from a young age. Unfortunately, many kids don’t get the chance to learn it properly – which is why we’re here to recommend some of the best apps for social-emotional learning that can help teach kids about SEL.
How do SEL Apps work?
Apps that help kids learn about social-emotional learning (SEL) are a great way to boost their development and help them understand how to behave appropriately in different situations. These apps can help children learn how to resolve conflicts, manage stress, and develop relationships.
Some of the most popular SEL apps for kids include:
- The app Peppa Pig has interactive episodes that teach preschoolers about emotions and social skills.
- The app Doc McStuffins teaches preschoolers about health and nutrition through storylines and activities.
- The app 123D Catch teaches 3- to 6-year-olds basic coding skills through challenges and games.
There are many other SEL apps available for download, so it’s worth exploring what’s available to your child. It’s also important to note that not all SEL apps are appropriate for every child; be sure to read the app’s reviews before downloading it.
Apps that Help Kids Learn About Social Emotional Learning
Introducing the top apps that help kids learn about social-emotional learning (SEL). These tools can help your child develop key skills such as self-awareness, communication, and problem-solving.
1. Peppa Pig: This app is geared towards preschoolers and helps them learn about emotions and how to handle them. The app includes activities such as playing games, making crafts and learning new words.
2. Love & Logic: This app is designed for kindergarteners and helps them learn how to manage relationships in a positive way. Activities include puzzles, stories, and song lessons.
3. Kahoot!: This app is perfect for middle schoolers who want to explore subjects in more depth. Activities range from quizzes to creative projects like filmmaking or poetry writing.
4. My Friend Pedro: This app is designed for elementary school students and helps them develop healthy friendships by teaching them how to share resources and communicate effectively. Activities include competing in challenges, building towers together, and creating art together.
What are Social Emotional Learning (SEL) Apps?
Social-emotional learning (SEL) apps are designed to help children learn about social and emotional skills. These apps can help kids develop positive relationships, manage emotions, and handle difficult situations.
Some of the most popular SEL apps include Teachers Pay Teachers’ “Classroom Management Tools for K-12 Schools” and Common Sense Media’s “Kids’ Guide to Emotional Intelligence.” These apps cover a wide range of topics, from managing friendships to understanding anger and sadness.
Many SEL apps are free to download and use. However, some may require payment through in-app purchases or subscriptions. Regardless of price, all SEL apps offer great value for money.
Which SEL Apps are best for kids?
When it comes to social-emotional learning (SEL), there are a lot of apps out there that can help kids learn about different aspects of the skill. Here are a few of our favorites:
1. Peppa Pig SEL app: This app is designed to help children learn about emotions, relationships, and communication. It features interactive stories, activities, and puzzles, as well as quizzes to help kids test their knowledge.
2.Doc McStuffins SEL app: This app is designed to help children learn about health and wellness topics such as nutrition, exercise, and sleep. It features interactive stories, games, and challenges, as well as quizzes to help kids test their knowledge.
3. Monster High SEL app: This app is designed to help children learn about relationships and social skills. It features interactive stories with characters from the Monster High franchise, along with activities and challenges to help kids develop their skills.
What are the benefits of using SEL Apps with kids?
1. There are many benefits to using SEL Apps with kids. They can help improve communication, social skills, and emotional intelligence.
2. Communication: Kids learn better when they are able to communicate their thoughts and feelings effectively. SEL Apps can help them do this by providing a variety of tools for communication, including discussion boards, group chats, and voice messaging.
3. Social Skills: A strong social life is important for both children and adults. SEL Apps can help kids learn how to interact with other people in a positive way. This includes things like joining clubs, making new friends, and resolving conflicts peacefully.
4. Emotional Intelligence: Many adults believe that having strong emotional intelligence is one of the key skills necessary for success in life. SEL Apps can help kids develop this skill by teaching them how to manage their emotions, think about others’ feelings, and problem-solve effectively.
Social emotive learning is a key component of child development and can make all the difference when it comes to school success. In today’s world, it is more important than ever for kids to have the skills that will help them thrive in an increasingly complex and competitive society. Fortunately, there are many apps on the market that aim to provide children with the social-emotional learning they need to succeed. If you are looking for ways to help your child develop social-emotional skills, be sure to check out these 5 apps!