X-Band Radar Market is Expected to Grow at a CAGR of 4.6% From 2022 to 2032 – Exclusive Report by FMI
According to Future Market Insights, the X-band radar market is expected to reach US$ 9,072.2 Mn by 2032, growing at a CAGR of 4.6% between 2022 and 2032. According to the report, the market for X-band radars is expected to be valued at US$ 5,768.0 Mn in 2022.
X-band radars are a type of radar that operates at frequencies ranging from 8.0 to 12.0 GHz. This frequency range is commonly referred to as the X-band. X-band radars are primarily used for detecting underwater missiles and objects in the sea, as well as weather research. These radars can detect smaller objects and provide high-resolution identification of objects within their range due to their high sensitivity.
Get a Sample Copy of the Report @
Key Takeaways: X-Band Radar Market
- By type, the sea-based X-band radar segment is set to account for the highest market share of US$ 3,617.6 Mn in the forthcoming years.
- The mobile X-band radar segment is estimated to exhibit growth at a higher CAGR of 4% in the next decade.
- By array, the passive electronically scanned array (PESA) segment held a market share of 8% in 2021.
- The active electronically scanned array (AESA) segment is estimated to display growth at a CAGR of 4% in the upcoming decade.
- By application, the defense segment is estimated to reach a valuation of US$ 2,727.2 Mn in 2021.
- The commercial segment is expected to witness the highest growth at a CAGR of 0% during the forecast period.
- North America x-band radar market is set to hold a share of 4% and South Asia & Pacific is likely to grow at a CAGR of 18.1% in the evaluation period.
“X-band radars are a necessity for marine vessels and are likely to generate high demand from commercial, trade, and defense vessel manufacturers. Active electronically scanned arrays (AESAs) are the new development in the x-band radar market and they may even replace passive electronically scanned arrays over the forecast period due to their advancement,” says an analyst at FMI.
Installation of X-Band Radars for Studying Extreme Weather Conditions Will Aid Growth
Certain places across the globe have witnessed extreme weather conditions such as cyclones, heavy rainfall, and winter storms. Coastal and island regions are impacted much more by intense rainfall and cyclones. To better identify and warn the locals of any extreme weather conditions, doppler radars are used for detecting changes in the weather. X-band radars can help identify areas that can be badly affected by food, study minute weather changes, and provide resolute insights since they can detect smaller particles much better.
Request a Report Methodology @
More valuable insights on X-Band Radar
In this report by Future Market Insights, X-band radar has been segmented into four sections: by solution: type (mobile X-band radars, and sea-based X-band radars), array (active electronically scanned array (AESA), and passive electronically scanned array (PESA)), application (defense, government, commercial), and region (North America, Latin America, Europe, East Asia, South Asia & Pacific, and Middle East & Africa), to help readers understand and evaluate lucrative opportunities in the X-band radar demand outlook.
X-band radars are currently manufactured by several defense companies, electronic component companies, and firms that specialize in radar development. Majority of the companies that develop X-band radars are used for defense purposes, for which there are various regulatory factors involved.
- In January 2022, the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) partnered up with the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) to manufacture doppler radars. These radars were provided to Delhi, Mumbai, and Chennai. The ones dispatched to Delhi and Chennai were X-band radars. To provide instant weather updates, IMD is planning to deploy at least 90 doppler radars across the country.
- In February 2021, Thales Group announced that its X-band radar NS50 was selected by the Belgian and Netherlands naval forces for their mine countermeasure vessels. The first delivery is planned for 2023, and the company is expected to provide the final delivery by 2033.
Request for Customization @
X-Band Radar Outlook by Category
- Mobile X-band Radars
- Sea-based X-band Radars
- Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA)
- Passive Electronically Scanned Array (PESA)
- North America
- Latin America
- South Asia & Pacific
- East Asia
- The Middle East & Africa