Yt1s.com is a website that lets users download videos from YouTube on their computers. The webpage can even convert the videos into other formats. Apart from infringing copyright policies, this website uses unreliable networks to download the video for you. People who use the website might be subjected to malicious web pages while using the service. We will now tell you why we think yt1s.com is a rogue website.
Websites like Yt1s use rogue advertising networks to promote other sale-based pages on their website. As soon as you visit the website, you find that these misleading pages open up for you. By mistake, if the user clicks on any such link, you may reach a dubious website. Not only that, this website may download the wrong software on your PC that could cause severe repercussions.
There are many websites that provide the same problems. Even though the benefit you get is enormous, but the potential dangers are much more.
How does the adware get installed on my computer
PUA’s or potentially unwanted applications and have official promotional or download pages. This technique of providing regular software in combination with unwanted software is also called bunding. Hence if you hurriedly download stuff, you might end up downloading software that is damaging to your computer’s security.
How you can avoid such potentially damaging software to your computer
First of all, you must research every software that you are downloading. Secondly, perform all the downloads from reliable sources only. Avoid peer-to-peer downloading sites, free file-hosting sites, and multiple third-party downloaders like Yt1s.com. If you have to download something, read all the terms and conditions.
Remove ticks against any hidden software downloads that you face. Intrusive advertisements look ordinary but are malicious. Sometimes they may redirect to other unreliable sources like pornography, gambling, and adult dating sites. Some of them may even ask you to enable notifications. In case you face such redirects, you must check the system and remove all such applications.
Use the below techniques to avoid such problems:
- Go to the menu button in the right upper corner of the screen
- Select on “Settings” and then on “Advanced.”
- Now go to the “Privacy section,” followed by “Content settings” and then “Notifications.”
- Go to all the dubious links and click “block,” and then “ remove” on them
- Click Menu and then click “Settings.”
- Scroll down, and then you have to click on “Site Settings” and then “Notifications.”
- Go to the suspicious ones and select “Notifications” in “Permissions,” and toggle the same to “off.”
- Click “Menu,” followed by “Options,” and then “Privacy and security.”
- Now go down to the “Permissions” section. Click on the Settings button you see next to notifications.
- Find out all the suspicious URLs and then click on their drop-down menu and select ‘Block.”
- Click on the “Gear” button. It is there in the upper right corner of your Internet window
- Select “Internet options.”
- Go to the “privacy” tab, and under the “Pop up blocker,” you can click on “Settings.”
- Choose the suspicious URL’s and remove them one by one
- Click on “Menu” and then go to “Settings.”
- Go to the “Site permissions” and click on “Notifications.”
- Click on the three dots present against each URL and then either click “Block” or “Remove.”
- If you click on “Remove” and visit the website again, it would ask you to enable notifications
- Click the “Safari” button on the left upper corner of the screen. Select on “Preferences.”
- Go to the “Websites” tab and click on “Notifications.”
- Find out suspicious URLs and then click on “Deny” for each of them