Find the best flat for sale in Dhaka with BestBari
Bangladesh is one of the best-kept secrets of the emerging world. In this BestBari article, we discuss the reasons why you should consider investing in the Bangladesh real-estate market.
With a growing population and high GDP growth, it is worth considering investing in property in Bangladesh. Not only are properties in Bangladesh very good value for money when converted from the local currency, but there are many options in different budgets, shapes, and sizes available.
Investing property in Bangladesh is not everyone’s cup of tea, but it can be a lucrative investment opportunity for those who are interested to accumulate and diversify their wealth. The two main advantages of purchasing real estate in Bangladesh are: 1. property in Bangladesh is quite affordable and 2. the Bangladesh economy is growing at a fast rate.
Before deciding whether or not to purchase such a property, you will likely need to ask yourself what it will be used for. Will you rent it out at relatively low rates and use the proceeds to enjoy a vacation in Bangladesh? Or will you use it simply as a holiday home – a place where you can get away from the stresses related to modern living? Yet another option is that of purchasing a property that you intend to make your home at some stage.
Why invest property in Bangladesh?
- Location: Bangladesh is located on the border of South and Southeast Asia and is close to other major Asian markets in the region, such as China. Bangladesh is also situated on the coast of the Bay of Bengal which offers attractive trading opportunities with other Asian and Middle Eastern markets.
- Growing population and middle-class: Bangladesh is one of the most populated countries not only just in Asia but in the whole world. The middle-class of Bangladesh is also expected to grow to 34 million by 2025, which is roughly triple the number of today’s middle-class of 12 million. This means that more than two million Bangladeshis join the middle class of Bangladesh every year.
- Young and skilled workforce: One of the major reasons for Bangladesh’s economic growth is its young workforce. The median age in Bangladesh is only 26. Bangladesh also has a promising education system and produced high-quality graduates, with over 15,000 fresh graduates getting recruited at top firms like IBM, Microsoft, and Google each year.
- Government investment: Fiscal stimulus is also improving in Bangladesh with new roads, buildings, and infrastructure being built and contracted from private companies and the Bangladeshi government. Due to these reasons, we believe that demand for Bangladesh real estate will surge in the next 10 years and is worth contemplating investing in now.
- Growing IT sector: Bangladesh has one of the highest internet penetration rates in the world. Bangladesh’s booming IT sector is growing high-tech jobs that look to purchase property in Bangladesh and drive up the prices.
- Openness to foreign investment: Bangladesh is very welcoming and accommodating to foreign investors. There are billions of dollars in direct foreign investment in Bangladesh which is continuously growing. Greater awareness and access to investment in Bangladesh would increase the demand for property in the country.
All these factors combined, there are very strong and compelling reasons to consider investing in property in Bangladesh. However, it can be tricky to navigate issues like registration, loans, and taxes which is why you should consider contacting us to put you in touch with one of BestBari’s property consultants. Please contact us if you would like to arrange an initial consultation with our consultants free of charge, to start your exciting investment journey in the Bangladesh property market.
On behalf of BestBari, we hope you have found this article useful in relation to why you should invest in property in Bangladesh. Please visit our News and Reviews page for more useful articles like Pros and Cons of a Buying a Used Flat in Dhaka.