The beauty world is full of magic—and secrets. There are all kinds of things you can experiment with, like colorful eyeshadow and vibrant lipsticks. With makeup, you can transform yourself and become whoever you wish to be! But if you want to get the most out of your eyeshadow, you need to first know some things about it.
Here are 5 things to know about eyeshadow:
Apply Mascara First
Here is one secret that the makeup pros don’t tell you: apply your mascara before putting on your eyeshadow. Once your mascara has dried, you can then apply your eyeshadow.
Since you won’t want to get pigment on your gorgeous lashes, use a firm brush with a small head instead of a fluffier brush. Stiffer bristles also help keep the eyeshadow in place.
The Qualities of Great Eyeshadow
Whether you are going for a natural glowing look or what to look like a Queen for your next outing, it all starts with quality eyeshadow. When it comes to purchasing superior eyeshadow, you need to do some detective work. Ask yourself the following questions:
- Does the eyeshadow apply evenly? It should never, ever look blotchy or patchy.
- Can you blend colors easily? Will it blend on primed skin?
- Does the pigmentation hold? Can you see the colors boldly against your skin or does it look too sheer? Quality eyeshadow color should remain true to what it looks like in the palette.
- How long does the eyeshadow last? The best formulas are one with an all day hold.
- Do your eyes get irritated when using the eyeshadow? You shouldn’t have to deal with watery, bloodshot eyes when wearing eyeshadow. Opt for hypoallergenic formulas with non-irritating ingredients.
It Begins With Your Eyes
Aside from knowing how to apply eyeshadow and how to choose top quality formulas, you need to know how to select the colors you are going to use! After all, you can have an incredible palette, but if it doesn’t make your eyes pop, you’ve missed the mark.
Here are some tips for choosing the right eyeshadow color for your eyes:
- Blue eyes: All shades of blue, whether you’ve got icy eyes or a more purple hue, look fabulous with shimmery silvers, blues, and purples.
- Green eyes: Look to the color wheel for this one! Choose contrasting and complementary colors, such as purple and golds. Dark purples, like plum, look exceptional with green eyes.
- Hazel eyes: Since hazel can be dark or lean towards brown or even have blue and green mixed in, it can be difficult to choose eyeshadow for this color. Select colors that match what you want to accent. For example, do you have green and brown? Choose pigments to make the green pop.
- Brown eyes: Chocolates, honey, amber, and all other brown eyes look luscious with purples, golds, and earthen tones.
Now that you know a little more about eyeshadow, you should be able to find the right colors for your eyes and use those colors to perfection. Don’t worry if you don’t get your eyeshadow perfect the first time around. As long as you have colors you love and a high quality formula, you will look beautiful!