QuickBooks is an accounting and financial software system developed by intuit and helps to manage the business finances in one place. it’s utilized by over one.3 million users within the world as a result of it comes with the various regions. during this post, we are going to discuss QuickBooks error code 6144 82.
QuickBooks error code 6144 82 primarily caused once you attempt to open any company file that is used by the other application. typically the error 6144 82 happens because of incorrectly organized system settings and any irregularities within the Windows registry.
It forever suggested troubleshooting errors in QuickBooks as presently as attainable so as to continue your add QuickBooks. we have a tendency to ar attending to discuss what all steps we should always desire to resolve QuickBooks error code 6144 82.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82
The major symptoms of this error code are mentioned below:
- Once error code 6144 82 shows up, it’ll crash your open application.
- The pc might hang a lot of time running a similar program.
- A window can seem to display the subsequent message:“Error -6144 -82: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and wishes to shut. we have a tendency to pitying the inconvenience.”
- The reaction time of Windows slows down & it reacts slowly to any user input.
- Computer might freeze for some times
Main Reasons for QuickBooks Error 6144 82
Look at the below points to understand, what are the attainable reasons for the incidence of error code 6144 82:
- Because of inappropriate installation or corrupt downloading of QuickBooks package
- Recently changes in QuickBooks will increase corruption in Windows registry and since of this the error code arises
- The program files related to QuickBooks or Windows system files might get corrupted thanks to malware or virus
- Thanks to erroneously deleted the company files associated with QuickBooks
- It might even arise thanks to network problems on your server
How to Fix QuickBooks Error code -6144,82 with Detailed Steps Below:
To make the error code 6144 82 fully eradicated from QuickBooks, you just got to follow the provided points. Have a glimpse at the below steps and perform the same:
Solution 1: Repair Your Windows Registry
Follow the given instructions to repair the Windows registry if it gets corrupted due to having changes in QuickBooks recently. Let’s start the process:
- Click on Start button first in your Windows
- Enter Command in the search box and do not press Enter
- Now, hold “CTRL + Shift” keys simultaneously on your keyboard and then hit Enter
- Doing this will be driven to a permission dialog box
- Click Yes. After doing that, with a blinking cursor, a black box will open
- Now, type “Regedit” and press Enter key
- Select the Error 6144 82 related, In the Registry Editor
- Now, choose Export from the File menu
- Choose the folder where you want to save the QuickBooks backup key, In the Save In the list
- Type a name for your backup file like QuickBooks Backup, in the File name box
- And then ensure that “Selected branch” is selected, In the Export Range box
- Click Save to save the changes
- Save the file with a .reg file extension
- You now have a backup of your QuickBooks related registry entry
Solution 2: To rename.TLG and.ND files
- Go to the company files location and rename them.TLG and.ND files.
- Right-click on the file and click on the rename option.
- Now open the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- To start this, click on the Start button
- Click on Programs
- Choose the QuickBooks
- Select the QuickBooks Data Server Manager.
- Select the folder where QuickBooks file is present.
- Scan the folder and Now open the file.
Solution 3: Try to open the QuickBooks Sample Company files
- Open QuickBooks and from the No Company Open window, click on Open a Sample file.
- Select any of the sample file available in the list
- If that sample file gets opened without any error then it means that your QuickBooks company file is damaged and you need to resolve these damages using the QuickBooks File Doctor
- If you get the same error while opening the sample file then it means that your QuickBooks software has got damaged and you need to reinstall the QuickBooks software using a fresh source.
Opening a sample file makes it clear whether your company file is having some issues or entire QuickBooks software is damaged. If your QuickBooks software is damaged then it is recommended to reinstall your QuickBooks software and make sure that there are no files available in your system from the previous installation.
Solution 5: Undo all recent system changes using Windows System Restore
Windows System Restore assists you to undo the recent changes made on your computer. This step itself may fix multiple issues, including error 6144 82 caused by recent changes.
- Click Windows key (start button).
- Type “System Restore” in the search box and press ‘ENTER‘.
- Select System Restore.
- If prompted, enter the administrator password.
- Follow the prompts in the Wizard to reach a restore point.
- Restore your computer.
If none of the solutions work in rectifying the technical error code 1644 82, don’t be restless. you mostly have the choice to call a certified professional, who will fix your error in a very minute’s notice. you’ll be able to reach the consultants by dialing our QuickBooks Helpdesk number +1800-986-6570, provide them the error-details and see QuickBooks error 1644 82 getting rectified.