Not long ago, to prepare all legal documents for your LLC business or get legal advice, you had to book an appointment with a lawyer in advance, because the waiting period could last for several weeks. Nowadays, this process is much quicker and easier. There are many online business companies, which are ready to provide you with legal services wherever you are, and Rocket Lawyer is one of them.
Read our Rocket Lawyer review to find out its pros and cons and to decide for yourself whether Rocket Lawyer is right for you.
What is Rocket Lawyer?
For 12 years now, the company, established by Charlie Moore in San Francisco, has been an online legal service that offers both individuals and medium-sized businesses a range of legal products and services, such as real estate or business documents, wills and divorce agreements, LLC formation, and more. Today, the company has about 250 employees who have served more than 20 million customers. If you think Rocket Lawyer is too young in this industry, then its track record and feedback from satisfied clients can prove its competitiveness among all companies in the market, even those that have been around longer. In addition, you can find Rocket Lawyer on the Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating.
The United States is not the only place where the company operates, it can also assist you with your business development in other countries, such as Spain, France, Great Britain, the Netherlands, and others.
When you worry about safety, be sure that everything will be more than good. Rocket Lawyer uses 128-bit encryption and Secure Socket Layer, which not only protect your personal information but also your payments, and, additionally, all legal documents will be prepared in accordance with the current laws of the country in which you submit them.
What services does Rocket Lawyer provide?
If we talk about the services that Rocket Lawyer can offer, it provides a large list of various legal and consulting services for business formation and development. The customers get a wide range of services: from drawing up legal documents to the lawyer’s assistance, and even access to an extensive library of legal forms and so on. You can get many services for a one-time fee, but you can also purchase a monthly subscription package for $39.99. The latter option allows you to have unlimited legal support for multiple business services, as well as a 30-minute consultation with an attorney at no charge. However, keep in mind that you will have to pay extra for some business and attorney services beyond.
In addition to those mentioned above, here’s a list of some popular services you can get from Rocket Lawyer:
- Registered Agent Services: You can hire a Rocket Lawyer as your registered agent, but only for an additional fee of $149.99 per year, as the company does not provide this service as a perk when you order the business formation service. This also includes reminders to file important documents with the state, like your annual report;
- Name Availability Search: Rocket Lawyer will check that your business name is free so that you can legally operate;
- Preparation and filing of the Articles of Organization: To officially register your business, you need to submit the main document of it, the Articles of Organization, and Rocket Lawyer is ready to do it for you;
- Templates for organizational minutes and LLC Operating Agreement: It is available at no cost for participants during the free trial, but non-members must pay $39.99 per paper;
- Getting the federal tax identification number (EIN): If you don’t want to handle obtaining an EIN on your own, entrust it to Rocket Lawyer. For $59.99, you will save yourself the trouble of doing it yourself;
- Last Will and Testament: this service will cost you $39.99.
When you are eager to start either an unincorporated association, or draft an operating agreement, or set up an S-corporation, or join a partnership, Rocket Lawyer knows how to help you.
Nevertheless, you can also try its one-week free trial option. During this period you can understand for yourself whether you want to continue working with Rocket Lawyer or not. You will get access to the following features:
- Premium legal document (only one available);
- Single filing for an LLC;
- You can get an answer to one question using the online service “Ask a Lawyer”;
- Use of a signature service for a digital contract but only once;
- Access to the Library of free document templates.
Once you purchase the Rocket Lawyer Premium Plan, you will have access to the discounts offered by the company. This could be a 25% discount on registered agent services, or even up to 40% off on the Rocket Lawyer On Call service.
It may also happen that you will not be satisfied with Rocket Lawyer’s services, but the company has also provided for that. In this case, there is a refund policy which is valid for 30 days from the date of your purchase. Just keep in mind that the refund policy does not apply to services that are related to Rocket Lawyer’s formation services. However, it is less advantageous than the same option offered by one of its main competitors, ZenBusiness, which has a 60-days period during which you can stop using its services and get your money back. To learn more about this, check out the Rocket Lawyer vs LegalZoom comparison.
How much does a Leasing Agreement cost on Rocket Lawyer?
When you choose to make a Leasing Agreement through Rocket Lawyer, then you can do it for free and you will also be able to download it in PDF or Word format and print it out when you want. However, the price for this service offered by some lawyers can be up to $450 or even more.