Today, the reservation of a hotel has become one of the prime tasks that the front office department does. The potential guests contact hotels for the obtainability of their desired kind of accommodation besides the allied services that they can get from a hotel. And due to this the front office department requires reaction to the guests’ inquiry.
For the guests, the hotel reservation system augments the opportunities of getting a better deal. For a hotel, online reservations can allow for healthier management of guest experience during usual and peak seasons. The procedure of online reservation of hotels does vary based on the brand and size of the hotels and the employment of the reservation system.
The benefits that guests get from the online hotel reservation system
- Ensures getting a room on their arrival – Guests who make a prior reservation get ensured of their needed kind of room. This saves them from botheration of finding accommodation on arrival particularly during peak seasons.
- Plan rooms or holiday – If guests have booked any hotel, like Hotel Surabaya, they can plan their tour or holiday without bothering about the fundamental requirements of food and accommodation.
- Budgeting – As guests become aware of the tariff beforehand, they can budget their tour or holiday accordingly.
The advantages of having online hotel reservation software for hoteliers
Some advantages that the hotel industry can derive from online hotel reservation software are:
- The very first advantage of online hotel reservation software is a hotel manages to increase its profits. The profit margin gets transferred to the guests as hoteliers can propose them impressive prices and it ends up increasing their loyalty.
- With online hotel reservation software, room rates can be controlled better.
- When the hotel industry takes advantage of online reservation software, then it offers guests various enticing incentives, such as spas, discounted restaurants, and various affiliated facilities at the time when they make direct bookings.
- Hotel industry can give prospective clients a virtual tour of a hotel on the site and it provides them an idea regarding the facilities and property and also augments their chances of staying at the hotel.
Some considerations that hoteliers should make
Hoteliers need to consider some factors when they opt for hotel booking software and they are:
- Select a system that fits their hotel’s size – A hotel reservation system does vary according to the number of properties, rooms, and room types. Hence, hoteliers need to choose a system that accommodates the needs of their hotel. They must select the one which is intended for a large hotel at a time when their business is small. Again, when they have a large resort, they might need dedicated resort tools.
- Take into consideration the GDS integration – Hotels can consider GDS integration while selecting a hotel booking system. This will ensure that the rates have been appearing correctly on many sales channels that are linked to the GDSs.
- Assess usability – Hoteliers need to select a system that has an easy interface. It will provide their hotel with more exposure. As the systems permit online bookings, they need to choose one that has a smooth customer interface. An intuitive and simple interface is meant a bigger difference between failed conversions and completed guest transactions.