EPFO stands for Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation. This UPSC conducts the EPFO exam every year to recruit eligible candidates for many posts in the government sector. If you are planning to appear for this exam, you are most certainly aiming for the posts of Enforcement Officer (EO) or Accounts Officer (AO).
It’s a national-level test governed by the Ministry of Labor and Employment. Students from all over India register for this test, and those who secure good marks above the cutoff will be appointed to the post of UPSC EPFO. The UPSC board monitors each and everything related to these national-level tests.
What is the selection procedure of UPSC EPFO?
The UPSC EPFO exam is conducted in 2 phases. One is an offline recruitment test (weightage 75%) followed by an interview (weightage 25%). Later, in the final phase, there is a Personality Test for the qualifiers. Now coming to the paper-based test, it’s going to be an objective one with nearly 120 multiple-choice questions. You must know the UPSC EPFO Syllabus to qualify for the exam. You can also visit BYJU’S Exam Prep to know more about it.
Eligibility Criteria for UPSC EPFO
- You should be an Indian citizen.
- You should be at least 21 years old and not above 35 years.
- You must have a bachelor’s degree in Law/Integrated Five years Degree in Law/Masters in Business Administration/Post Graduate Diploma in Management/Company Secretary/Chartered Accountants/Cost and Management Accountant.
UPSC EPFO Phase-1 Selection Process
Here are some guidelines that you should know before you appear for the exam.
- The exam duration is 2 hours.
- You can give the exam either in Hindi or in English (However, there is a common English section in both the papers, which is mandatory).
- All the questions in the exam will carry the same marks.
- There is a negative marking (one-third of the answer).
- There will be no negative marking for the unanswered questions.
UPSC EPFO Phase-2 Selection Process: Interview
- Firstly, if you achieve the cut-off marks or more, you’ll get called for the interview round.
- You shall receive a call letter days before the actual interview so that you can prepare.
- The call letter will consist of all the interview-related details. Go through it meticulously.
- Carry that hard copy with you at all costs.
- The interview exam will comprise 100 marks precisely.
UPSC EPFO Final Selection
- Your selection will strictly be dependent on how you perform in the interview and the exam.
- UPSC authorities will closely monitor your performance in the interview.
- Once you are selected, you shall be on your probation for 2 years, and you shall be posted anywhere in India.
As a matter of fact, it’s easier said than done. It might look easy on paper for a second, but you can only get there with your hard work. Sometimes, you also need professional help to do your best, and BYJU’S Exam Prep is a perfect study platform for this reason. Whenever you face a difficulty, get in touch with the experts. The question bank, mock tests, previous year question papers, and study notes can also help you land your dream job.
Stay Connected with our education blog India.