Learners who have recently graduated from a reputed Australian college/university can apply for the Professional Year Program (PYP) course. This course allows the learner to get a hands-on experience in the field, particularly in which he/she has obtained a graduation degree. If you have also until recently graduated in accountancy, computer science or that of engineering, then the Professional Year Course is perfect for you. In short, this course equips you with all the necessary skills and knowledge which are essentially required to work within a typical Australian work culture. The total duration of this course is 44 weeks, comprising a training period of 32 weeks and an internship period of 12 weeks respectively.
Who can apply?
If you also want to apply for the course of Professional Year Program (PYP) from Adelaide, Australia, then, you need to meet the following eligibility criteria.
- Language Competency: Candidates who are applying must have secured a minimum test score of 6.0 in the IELTS exam apart from scoring 6 points in each of its bands to apply for the Professional Year Program (PYP).
- Skill Assessment: Candidates who are applying for the Professional Year Program must also have qualified in their concerned skills assessment tests from any of the legally valid assessing bodies including ICCA, IPA, CPA, EEA or ACS.
- Visa Provision: Learners who want to apply for the Professional Year Program (PYP) also need to meet certain visa requirements. These require them to be the holders of the 485 visa either on a Bridging visa category or student visa category. Learners who are Engineering graduates need to be the holder of the 476 Skilled-Recognised Graduate Visa, and, can also apply for the Professional Year Program (PYP) particularly known as the course of Engineering Professional Year.
- Academic Qualifications: Candidates who want to become eligible to apply for the Professional Year Program also need to meet certain academic criteria. He/she needs to complete a graduate or postgraduate level program which is not less than 2 years and which is accredited from a famous Australian college/university.
Remember, since the 485 visa allows the learner to stay in Australia for the next 18 months, he/she will easily get ample time to complete the course of Professional Year Program from there.
Why opt for the PYP course?
Well, as an aspiring learner, asking this particular question is quite natural, and, the answer is quite easy. It teaches the learner about all those necessary skills and knowledge which will help him/her to work within a typical Australian work ambience in an efficient manner. Besides, some of the reasons for which you must apply for the Professional Year Program (PYP) are:
- It acquaints you with the nitty-gritty of the Australian work environment.
- It teaches the learner about how to communicate effectively while working in an Australian organization.
- This course is a perfect combination of theoretical as well as hands-on training sessions. Hence, after completing this course, you will be able to manage both the theoretical and practical segments related to your area of interest in an efficient manner.
- This course equips you with all the essential technical knowledge and skills which, in return will help you to obtain a sound understanding about your concerned sector.
Learners can only apply for the professional year accounting adelaide, Professional year engineering, and IT if he/she has graduated in any of the following fields i.e. accounting, engineering and that of computer science.
Things to learn from the PYP course
While studying the Professional Year Program or PYP, some of the things which you can expect to learn from there can be considered below.
- Workplace relationships
- Australian work practices
- Different types of interview skills and preparation of CV
- Different business communication skills
- A comprehensive professional internship comprising a duration of 12 weeks
Additionally, this course also teaches you about different types of Australian professional norms and codes of conduct, and, how to abide by each of them in the proper and expected way.
There are some basic documents which the applicant needs to submit before applying for the course of Professional Year Program (PYP). Some of these documents can be considered as follows:
- Documents which prove that you have successfully qualified in your concerned skills assessment test from a legally valid assessing body.
- Documents which prove all your academic qualifications.
- Documents which prove your present visa status.
- Documents which prove that you have cracked your English language test successfully (IELTS).
- Your valid CV or Resume.
- A certified copy of your passport
- A valid application form
The course of Professional Year Program (PYP) is highly recommended for all those learners who want to work in Australia as a professional skilled worker and want to stay there as a permanent Australian resident.