QuickBooks error 6150 appears at the time of accessing the company file. It is one of the most common issues. It can interrupt your system all of sudden. But, there is no need to worry as we are here with the best troubleshooting guide. You can easily carry out the solutions given below. So, don’t get nervous and read this guide carefully. Now, let’s move ahead and know what is this error.
QuickBooks Error 6150: A Quick Brief
QuickBooks error 6150 occurs in the system when you open the company file. Users have found several issues while accessing, opening, or working on the QB file. The error message indicates that there are certain issues within the company file. You can have this issue due to the damaged or corrupted company file. Well, there are lots of causes that bring such issues. So, let’s get into the post below and learn the causes of this error.
What are the Causes Behind QuickBooks Error 6150
Many causes make this error appears. You can dive directly below and learn what they are.
- The user can encounter this error at the time of saving the QuickBooks Macintosh file to QuickBooks windows.
- When the windows registry files become damaged or corrupted.
- The error can also be seen when you are not conducting installation properly.
- The user finds it hard to access the QuickBooks company file.
- Try to access the portable file but failed because of not opening the QuickBooks desktop.
Get Rid of QuickBooks Error 6150 With These Solutions
The user now needs to get into the solutions below to eradicate the error from the system. Here are the troubleshooting steps that you need to conduct.
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery
- Make sure that your QuickBooks desktop includes the Auto data recovery (ADR) programs. As it will not only help you in restoring all the lost data but also rectifies the corrupted files.
- Don’t be worried if ADR is not there because of the team of experts, you can install and use it on your device.
Solution 2: Build a Backup of the Company File
- In the first step, the user needs to go to the QuickBooks File menu.
- After that, tap on the Open or Restore Company.
- Consequently, choose Open or Restore a Backup Copy.
- Hit the Next tab now.
- Once done with the above procedure, choose the local backup.
- Again, you need to hit the Next button.
- Choose the location of the backup file.
- You can get it from the drop-down menu.
- Hit on the backup file.
- Tap on the Open button and then choose next.
- Just go to the folder or location which you want to use for restoring the file.
- Once done, provide a new file name in the same field.
- After that, you will see QuickBooks files (*.QBW).
- Now is the time to hit the save button.
- You need to now read and get back to any of the texts appearing on the screen of your system.
Solution 3: Verify CryptoWall
At times, viruses like the Cryptowall brings issues within the system. Thereafter, occurs lots of errors like QuickBooks error 6150. Not only this but it also prevents the user to access the company file. Well, here are the steps that you can conduct for verifying the cryptowall.
- The first and foremost step that you need to do is to access the Windows Start menu.
- Now, you need to move towards the File Explorer of the Search bar menu.
- After that, just open the File Explorer.
- Consequently, you need to search for the QuickBooks folder and access it on your desktop.
- Keep in mind that the folder is placed on the C: drive.
- In the final step, just search for the decrypt files and instructions (.txt or .html).
Solution 4: Make QuickBooks Desktop Company File
- Ensure that you open QuickBooks desktop in the first step.
- Now, move towards the No Company Open window.
- Once done, choose to Create a new company.
- Click on Detailed Start or Express Start from the two options.
- The user first needs to enter all the required information in the QuickBooks setup window.
- In the next step, you need to select the Create Company.
- When the file becomes created, make sure to create a chart of accounts, customers, and services.
- You can do it by tapping on Start Working.
- Go through the Easy Step Interview window and provide essential information.
- Hit the Next tab.
- Make sure that you choose the industry.
- Again, hit next.
- Choose the type of business entity followed by selecting Next.
- Once done, just select the fiscal year’s first month and hit Next.
- Enter the QuickBooks administrator password.
- Hit Next.
- Just locate the file where you want to keep it.
- Again, hit the Save button.
- Make sure to customize the QuickBooks by clicking on the Next button.
With these solutions, you can easily get rid of the error. Just follow each step carefully and eradicate the problems. Hopefully, you find this article helpful.