Quality Control in Software Testing is very critical to deliver a high quality application within its given functions and specifications. Performance Testing is a very important criteria for a successful application. Having said that, Software Performance Testing is not a one time process but it consists of several types of tests; one of which is Load Testing.
It is a specific type of Performance testing that evaluates and checks an app by subjecting it to maximum load, and observing how the system behaves during regular and higher load. It is done to ensure that a particular device such as mobile phone, laptop or tablet can easily handle unforeseen load and user demands.
Advantages of Load Testing
- A Software load Test quickly identifies any system glitches, errors or loopholes before the launching and production of a particular product.
- Early detection of defects and errors during excessive user load allow the Testers to address and fix them on time.
- Load testing effectively reduces the risk of application crash when used in real environment by real clients and other end users.
- Load Testing definitely improves and enhance the user interface and effectively increase the scalability of the application or software.
- There are reduced chances of a mobile based or desktop application failure, if you conduct appropriate Load Testing with proven strategies, manual Testing techniques or automated tools.
- Load Testing helps in addressing the concerns at an earlier stage hence it decreased overall testing cost.
- Both positive and negative Test cases are used in Load Testing, hence accurate Testing results are obtained.
- With precise Software testing results, Software Load testing overall improves client satisfaction.
In addition to the benefits mentioned above, a successful Load Testing on a Software or application promises the best Quality Assurance in Software Development.