Application Reference Number or ARN is allotted to every applicant who applies for GST registration in the GST portal. Once the application form is submitted online, you will find the ARN in your registered mobile number as well as in the registered email ID.
Later, you can use this unique number to track ARN status for regular updates on its approval or rejection. As the processing of your submitted application starts after around 15 days of final submission, you can keep track of the same till you receive the final approval.
Also, in case your application requires any potential changes of rectification, you can do the same within the specified time to make the process smoother.
What is the process to check ARN status?
To check the ARN status, you have to go through the following steps –
- Visit the official website of GST portal.
- Login to your account by entering your user ID and password.
- Under the tabs, select the ‘services’ tab.
- Click on the section that reads ‘registration.’
- A page showing ‘track application status’ is displayed. Click on the option.
- A box is displayed where you have to enter ARN and CAPTCHA.
- Click on submit.
Now, a table is displayed, which shows you the relevant details of ARN. The status is mentioned in the last row which may be either of the following mentioned options –
- Pending for verification.
- Validation error.
Make sure you enter valid and relevant details in the GST registration form so that your application is processed accurately. Once the application is approved, you will receive a GST certificate containing your GST identification number.
Note that you should be aware that the latest impact of GST is on the taxpayers. And, with the identification number, you can validate yourself as a genuine taxpayer and a responsible citizen of India.
What are the steps of GST application procedure?
The GST registration procedure is listed below –
- Visit the official GST portal and click on ‘register now’ under the taxpayer’s tab.
- Click on ‘new registration’ and fill in the necessary details – business name, PAN, email ID, phone number, and captcha.
- Enter the OTP sent in your mobile number and email ID respectively in the spaces provided and click ‘proceed.’
- You will receive a Temporary Reference Number (TRN). Login again in GST portal and enter the TRN under the taxpayer’s section.
- Again you have to enter the received OTP in the space provided and click on proceed.
- Fill in the relevant details and upload the documents.
- Move to verification by choosing nay one method out of EVC, e-sign, or DSC.
After that, a message will be sent to your registered mobile number and email ID along with Application Reference Number or ARN. With this, you can know about GST application status by logging in to the GST portal.
Besides, you should also note how GST has impacted the trading sector in India with its new tax regime. Considering that, it is vital to have your GSTIN if you are running a business.
In case you need any financial assistance such as a business loan, having the identification number will help you in gaining the credit without any inconvenience from the lender’s end. Note that filed GST returns for at least one year are vital to avail such financial products.
To make the application process more accessible and convenient for customers, reputed financial institutions like Bajaj Finserv provide Business Loans with minimum documentation. They also provide pre-approved offers to make the loan application process faster.
These offers are also available on multiple other financial products as well including personal loans, machinery loans, etc. You can take a look at your pre-approved offer by submitting a couple of essential details that contain your name and phone number.
Checking ARN status has been thus simplified with the online mode. It is convenient and helps in tracking every status of your GST application irrespective of whether it is approved or not. As a result, you can make changes as and when required to ensure a seamless process of receiving the GST certificate in the end.