What is Aircrack-ng | How to hack WiFi using Aircrack-ng￼
This blog will show you all about Aircrack-ng. We will see what is Aircrack-ng, what is pre-shared key, what is packet sniffing, how to use it to hack Wi-Fi and how it actually works. I will also refer a video link where you can also see everything practically. So, let’s get started
What is pre-shared key?
A pre-shared key is a piece of string that authenticate users already have to connect with Wi-Fi in simple words it is just a password of Wi-Fi.
What is packet sniffing?
Whenever a hacker wants to capture packets from your network like a middle man this process known as packet sniffing. It is also popular as eavesdropping.
What is Aircrack-ng?
Aircrack-ng is a pen-testing tool that is used by networkers and ethical hackers to evaluate the security of wireless networks. Aircrack-ng is capable to monitor, attack, test and crack Wi-Fi security.
Features of Aircrack-ng
- It is use to monitor wireless network traffic
- It is use to attack and crack Wi-Fi networks and passwords respectively.
- It is used for wireless network testing
- Aircack-ng is a full suite that consists different utilities inside like airodum-ng, airplay-ng and aircrack-ng.
- It is open-source and anyone can use it. It comes pre-installed on security-based Linux like Kali, Parrot, Gaduda, Black Arch etc.
How to download and install Aircrack-ng?
You can easily download Aircrack-ng because it’s free and open-source. But I will suggest you to use security type of Linux like Kali Linux, Parrot OS etc.
If you are using different Linux system then you can download it by running below command
sudo apt install aircrack-ng
Note: We’re only teaching you for educational purposes and to broaden your horizons. Because we know that both ethical and non-ethical hackers use these tools, we will not be held liable for any unlawful/false actions you engage in
Understanding flow of Wi-fi hacking
The below picture will help you to understand each step flow wise.
- First, we will configure our NIC card (NIC is a hardware device that is responsible to use Wi-Fi from your system
- Now we will try to gather all information of available nearby or targeted Wi-Fi such as MAC address, BSSID etc.
- On third step we will de-authenticate the connected host with targeted Wi-Fi (The main goal is to disconnect user from target Wi-Fi so that whenever it connects again, we will capture the exchange packet and then crack the password from the captured packet by using brute-forcing)
- Now we will capture the packet that will be exchanged during reconnection
- At last, we will decrypt the packet by using popular brute-force technique
How to use Aircrack-ng to hack Wi-fi?
I know most of you just curious to know how to hack or crack Wi-Fi and you may only click for this part so I will not take more time and take you directly to that part.
I have made a full detail blog on Techofide where I have explained each and every step with screenshot and also on that blog there is a practical video. If you want to learn the procedure you can click on How to use Aircrack-ng | Aircrack-ng tutorial [Practical demonstration]
What is 3-Way handshake?
The three-way handshake is used in TCP/IP network. It is a process to exchange packets to establish successful connection between client and server. In this process TCP exchange 4 packets that are described below
SYN: This is the first packet that exchanged between server and client to start establishing connection request
ACK: This is the second packets that acknowledge that the client receives the SYN packet
SYN-ACK: This is both exchanged packet SYN of now and ACK of earlier
FIN: This packet sends at the end when network termination is required
I hope you understand a glance of Aircarck-ng. Now you can easily understand what is Aircrack-ng, how to use it for W-Fi hacking, what are basics terms like pre-shared keys, packet sniffing and what is the actual workflow of the procedure of Wi-Fi hacking. However, I have also shared a detailed blog with practical video if you still not satisfied with this blog.