Everyone aims to stay healthy throughout their lives; diseases strike without warning; it can be related to family history or something in your genes, over which you have no control. A surprising number of health problems can actually be avoided with the right lifestyle changes. When we talk about illness, most people associate with more common diseases; people rarely think about eye-related problems. One such condition is Cataract and Cataract Orange Count. There are chances that you may not have heard about this term at all; if you have not or have heard about this, this content will broaden your scale knowledge about this serious Eye Condition.
To begin with, let us understand what a Cataract Surgery Westchester? In layman language, it is clouding the normally clear lens of your eye, thus not allowing light to pass through your eye lenses, thus obstructing the vision partially or completely. It is generally associated with age, but there are different types too that we are going to discuss now:
- Age-related- This is not entirely clear why older people develop cataract but some things may increase your risk of cataracts, including:
5.long-term use of steroids
- Congenital – This is a type of cataract when babies are born with this, this can be caused by infection, injury, or poor development in the womb.
- Secondary- This can result from medical conditions like diabetes, or exposure to toxic substances, ultraviolet light, or radiation.
- Traumatic- As the name suggest this is caused due to any injury to the eye.
- Nuclear Cataracts – It forms at the middle of the lens, causing it to appear yellow or brown.
This is an eye disease that usually form slowly, the person having it might not even notice, until he/she starts to have a blurry vision, however there are some common symptoms that might appear:
- Vision becomes cloudy
- Nearsightedness (in older people)
- Difference in perceiving color
- Problems driving at night
- Problems with glare & double vision
There is a famous saying that prevention is better than the cure; it goes with every aspect of our lives. However, in Cataract, nothing is guaranteed to stop cataracts from developing, but we can take some precautionary measures to limit the risk factors involved.
- Wearing sunglasses during the daytime to reduce exposure to UV Radiations.
- Quitting Smoking
- Maintain a healthy diet
- Managing diabetes or hypertension.
- Routine checkup of your eye
- Reduce alcohol use
Now let us look at its treatments; there are mainly two types of treatments one is a surgical one; the other is laser one. In both the processes, it involves making a small incision in the front of the eye, through which the old lens is removed, and the artificial IOL is inserted.
To conclude, Cataract is a serious eye disease, but after cataract surgery, you end up with a better vision and recover without any long-term issues. But like any surgery, there are certain risks involved, so it is always advisable to remain in touch with your Eye Doctor Hudson NY.