Valves are a control device, and it is one of the most efficient in a gas installation system thanks to its design and materials. Different valve types depend on their utility, so they can stop, regulate or start the passage of gases.
There are currently different valves and different materials that give answers to domestic installations or industrial use. In the following article, Blackhawk supply will show you the different types of valves used in domestic gas installations and the safety criteria we must consider when choosing one valve or another.
Gas Valves In Domestic And Commercial Installations
Gas valves are essential to control, interrupt or regulate the gas flow through the pipes that we will find from the connection to the gas appliance (kitchen, heater, etc.) to be used in the home.
A gas valve must be safe when working with a combustible fluid and must guarantee a durable installation resistant to wear and tear of materials. The valves for natural gas are found in all types of domestic installations Arco manufacture valves with the best quality of European brass and have the following characteristics:
- Quarter turn drive system
- Valves made of European brass according to EN 12164 and EN 12165 standards
- Total fluid flow
- An internal sealing system with two PTFE seats or two NBR seats (V model)
- Shutter locking system in the closed position. Model V features a self-locking system.
- Sealable knob
- Compatible with the Arc Anti-Fraud Blocking System
- Anti-tampering system (the manufacturing method used prevents the user from disassembling the valve, thus guaranteeing the installation).
- CE marks according to EU regulation 305/2011.
Typology Of Gas Valves Used In The Market
Gas valves are also known as shut-off devices or shut-off valves. Its operation, mechanics, and materials are strictly regulated and must comply with international regulations. For this reason, gas valves must comply with the characteristics gathered in the UNE EN 331 standard.
Another essential feature to highlight according Blackhawk supply is that, the valves must dimensionally comply with the UNE 60718 standard in gas installations and incorporate a blocking system and can be sealed.
Next, we will see the characteristics of the different types of valves that are used for reception facilities:
- Female-male wrench: With female gas thread connections and a flat gasket.
- Male-male wrench: With flat gasket connections.
Both are mainly used as building valves, collective upright, fertilizer valves, or intermediate valves.
- Male-female straight counter wrench: With flat gasket connections.
- Counter key in male-female square: With flat gasket connections.
Both are keys used only for the connection of meters.
- Male-male wrench: With leg and flat joint connections.
Mainly used as the connection cock between the pipe and the gas appliance.
How To Determine The Quality And Safety Of A Valve
In the market, we can find different brand offers for valves, and although it seems that they are all the same, the reality is far from it. Their differences are marked by the materials used and how they have been manufactured.
To establish a point of comparison and create a matrix to know the different characteristics of the product, it is essential to consider the following aspects to select the type of valve we will work on.
- Manufacturing materials
- Use of suitable lubricants, if necessary.
In gas installations, quality and reliability are essential because they guarantee the safety of the devices that make up the installation.
In conclusion, the safety valves for gas installations comply with the updated regulations, such as the UNE-EN 331 and UNE 60718 standards, which are compulsorily CE marked and came from a supplier with all the guarantees of good quality. Service under technical and professional criteria.