Anyone can get infected with coronavirus at any time. It is important to know what to do when you or your loved one get sick with COVID-19. As it is a contagious disease, utmost care needs to be taken when you have got infected or dealing with an infected person in your family.
This article tells you all about care tips and possible methods of treatment to prevent the further transmission of infection.
Many people with mild symptoms of COVID-19 get to recover at home in just a week. Follow the recommendations of the doctor about home isolation and care for yourself as well as your loved ones. Home Treatment involves fluid consumption, doctor-recommended pain relievers, and rest.
- People should stay isolated in one room of the house
- Take regular medications, such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen to lessen fever.
- Drink an adequate amount of water or receive intravenous fluids to keep themselves hydrated.
- Get a good amount of rest to fight the virus.
- Assist the sick person by serving them food, medicines, etc.
- Wear disposable gloves while doing laundry jobs. Do not shake unclean laundry. Clean it at the warmest setting. After you put the clothes in the dryer, don’t forget to wash your hands. Ensure that clothes are dried thoroughly.
- Wear gloves at the time of cleaning or drying dishes, utensils, and cups used by the ill person. Wash all the utensils with soap and hot water.
- Do not come in direct contact with the bodily fluids of the ill person. Wear disposable a face mask and gloves when offering respiratory care. Wash your hands after finishing the task and do not reuse your gloves and mask.
- Limiting needless visitors in the home.
Custom Earth Promos is a well-known supplier of eco-friendly products in the US. The company has over ten years of experience in selling reusable products that are made of superior quality recyclable materials. Their areas of specialization include FDA approved masks, custom bags, reusable bottles, pens, bookmarks, lanyards, etc.
People who are diabetic, above 60 years of age, or suffering from a heart ailment, lung disorder are at a high risk of getting infected from COVID 19. They should look for any other person to provide care to the sick person. It is advised for them to isolate them from the COVID-19 person till he gets recovered.
Watch For Emergency warning signs
It is important to constantly watch for signs related to COVID infection. If you find that the condition is getting worse, then get help from the doctor at the earliest. Below is the list of emergency warning symptoms that needs immediate medical attention.
- Shortness of breath
- Feeling consistent pain or pressure in the chest
- Muddled thinking
- Bluish lips
- Pinkish face
- Can’t stay awake
Tips To Reduce The Spread Of COVID-19
- Maintain a minimum of 6 ft. distance from others who do not stay with you at your home
- Cover your mouth and nose with a clean and good quality face mask.
- Avoid crowded areas and low ventilated spaces.
- Wash your hands frequently with antibacterial soap (containing at least 60% alcohol) for at least 20 seconds.
- Always cover your mouth at the time of sneezing or coughing.
- Disinfect all those objects and surfaces that you touch at home.
- Supervise your health regularly.
Giving the right emergency treatment is very important if you have any COVID patients at home. Follow the guidelines that your doctor provides about the care and home isolation in this situation.
However, as you take good care of the ill person at home, you may even feel stressed. Caring for yourself helps you efficiently cope up with stress. Furthermore, it will assist you to support the recovery of your loved one.