When a visitor comes to your website to find out about the products or services you offer, a well-designed website helps them make their decision whether to do business with you or not. A good web design and optimized website is the biggest source of information for your potential clients and customers.
Making a great first impression is one way to boost your sales conversion rate which means more business opportunities for you. A professional web designer knows how important web design techniques are in boosting the success of their client’s campaigns.
Here are some web design techniques that help boost customer conversion rates:
- Consistency: One of the most effective web design technique is consistency throughout the website so a visitor can easily navigate and find the information needed. Keeping your web design and navigation clear and consistent will help your visitors to move from one page to another and stay on your website for a longer period of time and, ultimately, reach out to you for services or products that are offered by your business.
How to achieve consistency in creating web layout?
The best way to achieve consistency is by creating a template which all web pages can use; that way, when you create new web pages for future projects, all those web pages would have an existing theme as defined by the template. Another benefit of a template design is that after you’ve made changes on one web page, you can easily make the same web design changes on other web pages that use the same web template.
The professional web designers use a web template to achieve consistency among all web pages, they know Each web page has the same theme – content and links are arranged in the same way.
Note: Not every web designer can create their own web templates, but if you want to learn how it’s done, check out these two articles from our blog:
1) How to Build Website Templates that Will Help to Boost your Conversion Rates
2) How Web Site Templates Can Improve your User Flow to Attain Highest ROI
2. Navigation Bar: Good navigation is another one of the most effective web design techniques available today. It can be considered as the “Navigational Anchor” of any website.
It’s your website navigation that guides your visitors to find the web pages they are looking for quickly and easily. Designing web pages with clear navigation bars will help your website visitors find what they need.
Note: A well designed website doesn’t hide important information or navigational tools in links embedded on other web pages. If a visitor is looking for something specific on the web page, the last thing he would like to see are irrelevant or hidden links taking them off-track from their goal.
The web design department of [ESP WebZing] ensures that all links of web pages are visible so website visitors can better understand how each link will take them further in their web browsing.
What is the right place for Title Tags?
If your web page content is separate from web site navigation links, place the web page title tag at the beginning of each web page. In fact, you can even have a web template to automatically add that web page title tag at the top of all web pages so you wouldn’t have to do it manually every time you create a new web page!
(Note: To learn more about web design techniques and technologies like HTML/CSS templates, check out our blog today!
3) Colors: An eye catchy and friendly color scheme help improve conversion rates for your website. Attention to detail is the real agenda in color selection
The use of proper colors dramatically affects your visitors’ behavior. Some studies suggest that color psychology has a direct correlation with human emotions and web site users.
Consider web design techniques that use colors wisely: Because websites are meant for real people who have emotions and feelings, attention to details is important in web design, from the color choices down to the fonts and graphics.
What should be the priority?
Web designers are often concerned with making web pages look beautiful when in fact they should prioritize making web pages functional and user friendly. Many web designs suffer from an overemphasis of aesthetics at the expense of functionality!
Note: Ready-to-go website design’s functionality includes effective web design elements like easy-to-use navigation bars, clickable content links, web page titles and web site menus.
4) Web Page Titles/Headers: Every web page should have a unique but most descriptive web page title. This is the most important web design rule in website usability as web visitors use web page titles as their first port of call when searching for information on your website. In fact, if you check out some search engine results pages today, you will see that web page titles are often used in the actual search engine listing as well.
Technically adept web designers use web page titles to reinforce each individual web page content so website visitors do not confuse one web page with another, and all thanks to effective titles and sub-titles added by the designer.
Why does the better placement of the web page title matter?
Web page titles are often website visitors’ first port of call when web browsing. Web designers can improve their web design by writing effective web page titles that will make website visitors click through to their web pages, which improves the conversion rate of website clicks.
For example, the ESP WebZing made sure that each web page title is keyword-rich and always contains a search term that is related to the purpose of the web page content; this way web site visitors can be directed straight to the relevant information they need from your website without having to sift through unnecessary content or being exposed to unrelated information!
5) Web Site Layout: Web page layout is important as it creates a visual hierarchy with the main web content appearing first and less essential web page elements placed towards the end of web pages so visitors know what to expect from your website.
The layout of your website has a major impact on its usability and effectiveness.
The website layout is all about the presentation of your products and services to your customers
Consider how you want people to navigate your pages and website to facilitate easy web browsing.
If you are using text-heavy website templates, you should try to add an attractive designed logo at the top right-hand corner of each web page. In fact, make sure that each web page has one unique header to define the web pages’ nature under the business logo, which will be used throughout your entire website.
6) Device Compatibility / Responsive Website Designs: The average person spends more time on their mobile device than they do on their computer; therefore, your website must work across all devices, including desktops, laptops, tablets, and smartphones.
A responsive website makes your website easier to use while a slow and irresponsive website template causes frustration for web users. The better and speedy your device recognition system, the more likely people will find website content easily and the more website visitors will revisit your web pages often.
Why websites must have a responsive navigation bar?
A responsive menu means getting 50% of your customers to click directly under tag targets. They will help the websites to transform the menu/navigation bar into clickable and reachable from all devices. From the navigation bar, any visitor can click directly at your give phone/call now button to reach you through.
Almost all website designers provide navigation bars that are placed at the top of web pages; this way web page visitors can move from one web page to another simply by clicking on a button or link in the navigation bar from any device. After all, who wants to scroll down through long web pages when you can simply click your way through it? In addition, each web page has a unique title so that people know exactly where they are going before they even visit your website.
There is no denying the fact that web designing has become one of the most important components of marketing and advertising as it plays an important role in determining if you can attract new clients. You may wonder what web designing can do for your business other than laying out fancy web pages.
EndNote: To have a successful business website, you will need to apply web design techniques that are effective in boosting your conversion rate. Website design agencies are professionals and can do the work for you, or, you can use one of the many available website templates that are ready-to-go website designs. There are designs to meet your industry’s needs and the integration of CRM and/or Shopping Cart modules and plug and play. The website template option is most affordable and flexible to help you grow your sales, and so you can focus on your core business needs.