Combining sales skills with a powerful VoIP business phone system makes a big difference. Every successful sales executive will tell you. Their job is all to connect and develop relationships. Build trust and share a purpose to keep your potential customers warm to you and your words. Successful salespeople in 2021 had to turn most of their activities 100% online because not only couldn’t they visit their sales targets, they mostly worked from home and were reluctant or unable to receive their rep faces interview.
A new generation of sales superstars are taking full advantage of cloud-based tools to capitalize on the potential to close deals in this way and open up new markets that were previously unreachable.
How Remote Sales Agents Build Relationships
However, virtual or remote sales agents must first grasp new skills and communication styles to be successful in remote sales. To help remote sales agents overcome these challenges, there are video calling tools within the Ringover business phone system, and these tools communicate a certain amount of body language. They also use landline phones for this purpose. But instead of actually sharing space with each other, it’s important to recognize and deal with the deficit and compensate for what could be lost when only looking at each other’s heads in a small box on the screen.
Here are some tips for building such a connection. However, you may be physically far away from your audience:
- Use video whenever possible. At least in the first place. If your prospect doesn’t have a lot of bandwidth or connectivity, you may need to turn off calls later, but at least you should leave it on by default. Prospects to be reciprocated.
- Use video asynchronously to follow up and answer outside the call. Quick video messages, picture-in-picture screen sharing, and even audio clips can be much warmer and more individualistic than email.
- The screen sharing tool allows real estate agents to send links to potential clients and instantly view property specifications together via screen sharing within 10 seconds.
- Be more informal when meeting prospects online than in the office. This doesn’t mean you’re not overly familiar or unprofessional, you can have small conversations and share common experiences and points to break the ice slightly more carefully than you might need in a business environment. I often think about how to provide great expertise in video calling, especially if I’m uncomfortable with the realities of working from home, but it’s important to give it a bit of personality when building relationships for remote sales. And personality penetrates the calling.
- Get something meaningful from the previous currency. If your business phone system is integrated with CRM (see below), it’s easy to handle, but it should be done naturally.
- Be active in video or audio calls. Reflected key points to potential customers and verified the understanding by summarizing what they asked for, disagreeing or blocking progress. When they talk, especially if you are not using the video for any reason, the small movement and noise of the connection can deepen your connection without interfering with their flow (or your facial expressions and nods in the video) Use: Smiley! And in fact you only use audio and make you hear a smiley face anyway ‘…)
- Contact outside of your conversation without being creepy. If they are business prospects, you can follow and amplify their thoughts on social media for example (and learn more about their motivations and thoughts). Submit interesting links or ideas that may interest you from time to time to support your relationship without sparking a sale.
VoIP Calls Mean Data-Driven Sales Success
VoIP business phone systems such as Ringover support the success of remote sales in a number of ways, providing benefits to both sales reps and agencies. The secret to success lies in how VoIP communications leverage the power of data to enhance and improve the quality of human connections.
Advantages of VoIP Business Phone System for Employers and Managers
Managing the best salespeople has always been as artistic as science. If not properly placed, it makes it an expensive asset for your business, while allowing you to do your best in the way that works best for you. Providing a powerful VoIP phone system as part of a quality set of technical tools will motivate the best people to work with you when they are now free to work for anyone in the world.
The Ringover VoIP system offers sales managers a number of benefits, including:
- Powerful lead management and tracking through CRM integration. Share inbound inquiries fairly (or based on internal priorities) and monitor exactly how your results and follow-ups across your team will look.
- Deliver all inbound calls to the best responders in the shortest possible time with flexible IVR and hunt group capabilities.
- It’s a user-friendly app that you can run on your computer or phone, wherever your salesperson is. So you don’t need to provide endpoints and hardware, and you can work in the most natural and familiar way.
- These are detailed metrics that allow you to monitor productivity and results wherever your sales team is located. Understanding the correlation between these indicators will help you differentiate between rock stars and those who work, motivate and reward them appropriately, and make sure everyone is doing what they need to get the basics.
- Reduced billing-we no longer reimburse your personal cell phone bills, not to mention the huge travel costs on the day you drive or fly to meet all your potential customers.
- This is an out-of-the-box solution to meet the growing demand or manage the flexibility of resources in a changing economy. Adding new numbers and extensions to team members is quick and easy like assigning a new email account, and user-specific transparent monthly billing makes cost management easier.
- Powerful automated dialing systems like Ringover Power Dialer maximize the time they spend actually talking to potential customers without finding, prioritizing, or tapping numbers when the software can handle everything no matter where they work.
- It empowers CRM with centralized records management, ensuring that all personal information, objections, anecdotes, peculiarities, and queries of potential customers are accessible and permanently recorded. In fact, a great sales force is in high demand and can generate high sales, especially in competitive areas. It can be a contractual matter to prevent potential customers from going with them, but it’s also important to ensure that the information that strengthens that relationship is also retained in the business.
Advantages of VoIP Business Phone Systems for Remote Sales Representatives
With all the features that support a productive sales team, your reps can do their best, but the rugged cloud-based business phone system empowers virtual sales agents in a unique way as well.
In the “Building Relationships” section above, there are many ways to deepen your connection, and you’ll see that developing a deeper understanding of your target audience is the key to success. Many great sales reps take pride in their memory of individual prospects, remembering coffee orders or their children’s names. This is great, but the truth is that most of these amazing recollections are backed up by record keeping and disciplined records that you can refer to before your next interaction. And this is especially important when doing teleconferences. Teleconferencing does not provide the same recall trigger as when returning to the location.
A cloud-based business phone system integrated with a customer relationship management (CRM) database makes it easy to get this information even on inbound calls. When a VIP prospect makes a call, the phone app immediately displays all relevant information so that you can respond as if you were your best friend.
Any notes recorded in previous calls (including those handled by a colleague), purchase and support history, and the name of the pet if you think it has to do with the recording. Obviously, like everything in the data and analytics world, it won’t work well with garbage-in. So it depends on the systematic and progressive use of the tools you have in hand, but the phone system is a powerful asset you can have, so you’ll want to make the most of it.
These details are also available to others on the team. Because co-workers may need to get calls from your leads while you’re on vacation, it’s not good for all the information to be in your head and potential clients to feel they’re lost. Personal connection by mistaking their phone.
Another benefit of using a business cloud phone system like Ringover as a sales representative is the complete flexibility it provides.
No matter where you are, you can make calls from any device of your choice (mobile or desktop) and find you over the phone. The powerful features of IVR and Hunt Group work seamlessly with the Ringover app, even on your own phone, allowing incoming callers to get in touch quickly.
You can answer calls from anywhere when working remotely. While going out, you can pick it up with your phone and carefully rush to your desk to retrieve the product information you want. Transfer calls seamlessly to your headphones, so you can continue hands-free. Or, you might want to make and receive sales calls from an inspiring location (whether it’s a kitchen terrace or a beach in Bali, depending on the size of your last commission check…)
Of course, potential clients don’t need to know if you’re on the other side of the country when they call, or if you’re actually on the other side of the world on that beach. Ringover’s Local Presence feature lets you switch from your own backyard to a caller number with the push of a button. This not only gives you peace of mind and greatly improves your response rate to cold callers, but it also subtly deepens your connections and relationships before you speak a word.
When selling remotely, this is important because you are no longer trapped in the endless routine of business travel, from meetings to meetings. The tremendous advantage of the remote revolution for all sales reps!
The World is your Target Market
Because this is the true superpower of remote sellers. You no longer need to limit your exploration to a specific city, patch or location. Everything changes when you’re far away and your potential customers are there too. There may be other ways to segment your reach internally, but VoIP calls open up a world of potential unexplored customization for remote selling.
It’s much easier to join a quick video call to better understand your offer because goals that you couldn’t reach with a traditional sales visit are too far from the office or you can’t make an appointment with a sales representative. Because employees don’t feel like they’re being pressured by actually visiting the store, they’re more open to listening and engaging with product information instead of complaining.
And because you don’t travel everywhere, you have more time to give them personal attention and understanding. Conserve Earth’s resources, work flexibly wherever you want to live, spend time, and have the same potential clients.
The future of sales, the ‘new normality’ of virtually any business communication is position-independent flexibility.
Separating the technology that closes a lot from a physical being or encounter is a powerful sign of success. Organizations that embrace the new technologies and technologies they need to capitalize on them will have a proven competitive advantage in the business world of the future.