The use of Spectrum Routers has been immense over the past few years. Excellent routing capability and durability are some of the key features that make the device among the leading choices of many internet users. Apart from ensuring the correct setup of the device, you must keep a constant check on the device’s firmware update. If you are using an outdated version of the router firmware, it may trigger multiple issues that can even restrict you from accessing the internet. Hence, it is important that you login to Spectrum Router and update the firmware for the device’s smooth functioning. Read on to explore how you can do this and ensure an uninterrupted service from the Spectrum Router.
Why is Router Firmware Update Necessary?
Before we discuss how to update the Spectrum Router’s firmware, let’s understand why you need to update it. Updating the router firmware adds new features to the device. In addition, the update adds bug fixes to the device that keep it prepared to counter any potential online threats that could be harmful for your wireless network. Hence, it is recommended that you always keep a check on the firmware update of your Spectrum Router
Stepwise Process to Update Spectrum Router Firmware
Now that you read why the firmware update is necessary, read on to explore the series of steps involved in the process of firmware update. Here are they:
- Connect the router to your computer using an Ethernet cable. If you see that the Spectrum Router blinking red, don’t panic. You can restart the router and ensure that the router is connected to the computer.
- Once the connection is established, open a web browser on your computer and visit the router manufacturer’s website to download the recent firmware version of your router.
- Once you download the firmware, save the downloaded file into the local disk of your computer.
- Now, open a web browser on your computer and type 192.168.0.1 into the browser’s address bar. Press Enter to open the router sign-in window.
- Enter the router login credentials into the blank fields and click on “Login” to enter the router management console.
- Once you are logged into the router management console, click on the Firmware tab. Click on browse to upload the firmware file saved in your computer.
- Click on OK to start the process of firmware update.
- Once the router firmware update is completed, click on the “Apply” button to save your changes and then log out of the router management console.
Instances occur when users update the Spectrum Router firmware and then start looking for answers to how to change Spectrum WiFi username. If you have a similar query, then log into the router management console by following the steps 4 and 5 above. You can then click on the “Wireless Settings” tab and follow the on-screen instructions to change the WiFi username of the router. Once done, click on “Apply” to save the changes.
It is important to keep your router firmware up-to-date. Keeping the firmware up-to-date enables the device to acquire recent bug fixes as well as it adds new features to the router. All you need to do is download the recent firmware version from the router manufacturer’s website and then log into the router management console to complete the firmware update process as mentioned here.