The list of the most dangerous cancers includes liver cancer. According to statistics, it affects 5% of people over 60 every year. You should not be upset, because in modern clinics you can successfully undergo treatment of any tumor. The development of modern medicine allows you to undergo oncology treatment in the best clinics of the world.
One of the most famous countries in the field of oncology treatment is Germany. Liver cancer treatment in Germany is considered one of the most successful and safest today. Besides, with a high level of medical services, the cost of treatment of liver cancer here is lower than in most European countries.
What is liver cancer?
This disease is the most common in men over 50 years of age. It develops in most cases from liver cells, less often it metastasizes from other organs. Metastases in the liver develop much more often than the primary tumors.
Liver cancer is one of the most dangerous types of cancer, due to the fact that it has virtually no manifestations at the early stages and is found most often already at the advanced stages. That is why its early and effective diagnosis is so important.
Causes of cancer
Liver cancer develops mainly due to immune system disorders, but there is a number of factors that increase the risks of cancer development:
- Chronic liver diseases, such as cirrhosis.
- Acute viral infections, such as hepatitis C or hepatitis B.
- Diabetes mellitus.
- Smoking, alcohol abuse.
- Liver cancer in your next of kin.
The fewer factors from this list, the less chance you have to develop cancer. Unfortunately, even without all the risk factors, it cannot be zero.
At the first stages of the disease, you may not be worried about anything, but it does not mean that you do not have cancer. Even at the initial stages, liver cancer can be detected by ultrasound examination. Unfortunately for patients, the characteristic symptoms of liver cancer appear already at the advanced stages of the disease, when therapy has poor efficacy. Clinical manifestations of liver cancer include:
- Liver pain.
- Loss of appetite.
- Weight loss.
- Prolonged temperature rise.
- Yellowing of sclera and skin.
- Constant itching of skin.
If you notice one or more of the symptoms, it is highly recommended to visit your general practitioner.
How to detect liver cancer?
Today, there are many options for effective diagnostics of liver cancer in foreign clinics:
- Ultrasound examination can detect a tumor and in some cases determine its type.
- Tumor biopsy is the most reliable method to diagnose liver cancer. As a rule, a thin long needle is used, which is introduced through the skin into the liver area under the control of ultrasound.
- Computed tomography is very effective in the diagnosis of liver tumors, allowing to detect even small neoplasms that are not visible during an ultrasound examination.
- Laparoscopy. The laparoscopic method allows making a precise diagnosis.
- Determining the level of alpha-fetoprotein (AFP) in the blood is useful both at the stage of diagnosis of liver tumors, and after treatment to monitor the effectiveness of therapy and a possible relapse of the disease.
First of all, doctors specify tumor localization and size. The treatment scheme is developed individually for each patient.
If the tumor is operable, the preparation for a surgical intervention begins. Removal of metastases in the liver is an effective treatment method. The liver has a good ability to regenerate and the removed part recovers gradually. Thus, there are cancer treatment options: surgical and non-surgical.
Non-surgical methods include radiotherapy, as well as chemotherapy. Both methods are successfully used to treat liver cancer, their main task is to stop the tumor growth. These methods can be used in conjunction with surgical treatment.
Timely detection of the disease is the key to successful treatment. The earlier oncology is discovered, the better the chances of successful treatment of cancer.
How to get treatment for cancer in Germany?
Today, liver cancer treatment in Germany is available to everyone. And in order not to waste your time, you can entrust the organization of the medical program to the medical tourism operator Booking Health.
Over the years, the company has shown the highest level of professionalism. With its help, thousands of patients have successfully cured liver cancer in Germany. By choosing Booking Health you save your time and money.