A challenge that enterprises face, is whether to replace or repair the assets that drive their business. HVAC maintenance fluctuates by season and geographical locations. A sudden breakdown of the cooling/heating system affects the work schedule, not to mention incur unexpected costs.
Leading facilities management solution providers like FacilitySource bring about their expertise in addressing the concern. The HVAC system is essential for business owners and helps them make a good decision while managing their facilities. As a market leader in integrated facility management, FacilitySource considers that opting for replacement of HVAC failing systems, rather than indulging in repairs because:
• If the HVAC equipment is too old to yield optimum efficiency, then it could lead to discomfort for the employees at the workplace or unhappy clients at business outlets.
• Underperforming equipment can also lead to more costs and hassles. Replacing them can dramatically reduce overheads and recurring expenses.
• From an environmental perspective, old, inefficient HVAC systems can have harmful impact on the environment. The data from the U.S. Environment Protection Agency’s ENERGY STAR program, HVACs consume around 38% of commercial energy usage. By replacing obsolete systems (10+ years), organization can save up to 50% on energy and maintenance.
• Repairing might seem like a lesser expense, but replacing old equipment will be beneficial in the long run.
A recognized provider of data-driven facilities management solutions, FacilitySource has derived a formula that can help organizations make a decision between replacing and repairing their HVAC system, which allow enterprises to manage their HVAC equipment’s lifecycle better:
1. Maintenance Time – How old is the system, and how much time spent on its maintenance?
2. Time & money spent on emergency repairs – How many repairs does the system undergo yearly, and what was the cost?
3. Amount spent on energy bills – What percentage of overhead is spent on energy bills?
4. Environmental Impact – Is the HVAC system compliant with changing environmental needs?
By assessing these factors, organizations can acquire data that lays the ground for a smart replacement strategy of their HVAC maintenance, enterprises can benefit from efficient establishments with optimal from the resources and save time, organizational costs and be environmentally friendly.