Types Of Packaging
Basically, types depend on product packaging and distribution. It is sometimes convenient to classify packets by the “layer” or function: “primary”, “secondary”, etc.
Primary Packaging: the packaging that first envelops the product and holds it. Usually, it is the smallest considering the products sold or used per unit. This first envelope has direct contact with the product.
Secondary Packaging is enveloping the primary packaging, for example, to group a set of units of sale or distribution.
Tertiary packaging: the bringing together a set of secondary boxes for bulk handling, storage and transport by land, sea or air. The most common form of this type of packaging is palletizing or containerization.
Somehow these categories can be arbitrary. For example, depending on use, it may be primary packaging when applied on the product side when applied on individual product boxes and tertiary distribution when packages are produced. If you want to learn more about products packaging, visit this dedicated website https://gaka.info/ for useful information.
To design a package must take into account the product for which the packaging is designed. The recommendations of the firm should be followed carefully and assess certain aspects when designing a good packaging.
- Commercial aspects of the company to be targeted public, distribution channels in marketing history of similar products, etc.
- Distribution aspects: type of storage, warehouse management, destination points, transportation used, etc.
- Company image.
- Legal aspects.
- The packaging design has a dual role: graphic design and structural design.
- The graphic design comprising:
- Identity design. Brand, company logo and other distinctive features such as the corporate color, graphic style used by the company, etc.
- Emotional design. The colors and shapes also have the function to attract the customer’s attention to what needs to develop according to criteria of marketing.
- Design information contain. The package reflects a large amount of information on the content, ingredients, origin, use, instructions, etc.
To develop the structure of the package must be taken into account:
- The product will contain.
- His nature (composition).
- Its size and shape.
- Its weight and density.
- Their fragility or resistance.
- His behavior to changes in humidity, pressure, temperature, etc.
- Its presentation: liquid, powder, tablet, etc.
Risk distribution. It is necessary to assess the risks they will face the product throughout the distribution process. For useful information about packaging, visit this website https://everyblogy.com/ for useful information. They can be of different nature:
- Vertical impact. Risk of falling from a height.
- Horizontal impact. Sideswipe produced in the process of handling or transport.
- It is important the compressive strength needed for stacking in warehouses and along the supply chain.
- Both during production and packaging process or transportation.
- High temperature.
- Low temperature. Transport in refrigerated trucks. Storage freezers.
- Low pressure. For example, in air transport.
- Incidence of light. Possible variation of the properties of the product by the effect of light.
- Humidity in the storage or water from rain, puddles, floods, etc.
- For outdoor storage or wind exposure.
- From bacteria, microorganisms, fungi, insects, etc.
- Contaminating substances or adjacent to packaging materials found in the environment.
Adaptation to the distribution channel. It is important to know whether the final product is intended for professionals or consumers who will take it from the shelf. In the second case, the designer must be careful to highlight commercial aspects of the product and to have a front wide its facade at the point of sale.
Ergonomics. It is important to ensure easy handling of the container. To do this, we must bear in mind who will be the final recipient of it and evaluate:
Size and weight.
Distribution system. Supply chain management, inviolability of the content, etc.
Instructions for use of the product. Influences the dosage thereof, the opening and closing system. Go to this website https://trendfar.com/ in order to acquire additional information.