Why do we need to travel? Why it is getting increasingly important that we, once in a while, change our environment and travel outside our country? Why it is sometimes a necessity for our emotional health to travel?
Travel’s importance is underestimated by many people. Travel is not only fun, entertaining, and enjoyable. With our current lifestyles and work conditions, travel has become more than an option. It is more than just having fun. As Augustine of Hippo said, ” The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.” During travel, you can do things you usually don’t do. When traveling, you go outdoor and be away from computers, and TVs and you are likely to be mixing with different people and cultures. People travel for different reasons. Some travel for fun and to have a good time. Others travel as a hobby. Travel can be an escape away from the hectic pace of life in big cities. Some travel just to change and move, as Robert Louis Stevenson said “I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake”. Some people like to learn from different cultures, as Mark Twain said ” Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.” Travel gives the person the opportunity to discover, explore and feel a sense of adventure.
Many people around the world are discovering the benefits of Vacant Travel to the extent that the tourism industry is growing worldwide and has become one of the major profitable sectors in world economies. No wonder travel is growing year by year. According to figures published by the World Travel & Tourism Council WTTC, the world tourism industry grew by 3% in 2012 and contributed $6.6 trillion to the world GDP by direct and indirect impact. In 2012, for the first time in history, international tourist arrivals reached 1.035 billion.
Here are the main benefits of travel:
- Stress Relief: As you travel miles away from your environment, you can be free from your responsibilities and then begin to relax and rest. Not only do you rest your body, but also your mind. Knowing that you can wake up anytime without an alarm clock, without the need to be physically available at work, will take off a lot of mental stress. Here, you can sense freedom. Stress relief is a major reason for travel. The moment you think you are heading for Hawaii or Bali, you get the immediate sensation of excitement and stress-free feelings. It is this mental peace that makes travel a very good stress relief. Sometimes travel can be stressful if your trip has a lot of sightseeing, or meeting a lot of people. But travel stress is different from home stress because it is positive stress. Travel stress does not associate with it anxiety or worry.
Travel is a great way to connect with nature which is very helpful for your relaxation, mentally or physically. Nature is a stimulus for activating your right brain. Right brain domination is one major cause of stress relief. Also, during travel, there is no sense of urgency which is usually associated with home behavior. A change of scenery is by itself helpful for relieving stress.
- Physical Benefits: You move more when traveling. You walk more frequently whether riding the subway or exploring the streets of a historic city or even visiting a museum. By swimming or laying on the beach, you get a high dosage of vitamin D from the sun, something that is very useful for your bones and also for your positive emotions. Outdoor activities associated with travel can lower the risk of diabetes, lead to weight loss and reduce cholesterol levels. Some medical experts recommend traveling once every six months for cardiovascular health and the heart. Some studies show that Vacant Travel even improves better sleep.
- Cultural Benefits: Sometimes we need to be anonymous. Sometimes we want to be free from any responsibility. Travel allows you to exercise both while meeting new people and experiencing new cultures. You will know how different people accomplish their goals in different ways. You will learn new ideas that you have never thought of before.
- Relationship Benefits: Traveling with a companion and sharing the same experiences and situations will enhance your mutual bond. 93% of youth ages 8-18 consider travel as “a quality time” spent with their parents. 3 in 4 parents say that family vacations are very helpful for the family. Meeting new persons in new locations can result in long-term relationships for many.
- Happiness: Many persons associate happiness with travel. More than 50% of adults buy souvenirs just to remember their vacations. Most travelers store photos of their destinations as a way of remembering those trips that are about tasting new food, beautiful sights, historic monuments, and new music. This is one reason that travel can be addictive, especially if have enough time & money. It has become a hobby for thousands of people around the world.
Remember, you can travel and have fun with a limited budget. Plan carefully and spend wisely. Read and learn saving tips.