Transparent lace wig is the trending option for a lot of ladies today. It is not only beautiful but also unique and original! And with a transparent lace wig, you can entirely change your appearance to look more elegant.
However, what’s the difference between a transparent lace wig and the normal lace wig? How can you choose between them?
Let’s find out!
But first, let’s take a shot at the meaning of transparent lace wig as well as normal lace wig.
What is Transparent Lace Wig?
A transparent lace wig is a wig sewn in a frontal with about three or four human Brazilian hair. It comes with transparent lace that is invisible and undetectable.
Transparent lace frontal wigs are made with undetectable lace material that runs along the hairline and is made to imitate the natural-looking hairline, allowing your hair to be styled away from your face or in the pulled-back style.
Each hair strand is manually knotted into the transparent lace hole, creating the perfect illusion of a natural-looking hairline. Transparent lace typically runs from temple to temple – sometimes ear to ear – it might vary based on your style and preference.
That said, there are two types of transparent lace wigs: 13×6 transparent lace wig and 13×4 transparent lace wig. The lace’s width is the difference. So, if you feel like parting your wig for a long pre-plucked hairline, the 13×6 is the right choice.
Nonetheless, regardless of how you style your transparent lace wig, you’re certain of looking fabulous!
If you check out most of the top beauty/lifestyle pages on Instagram, you’ll discover that a transparent lace wig is a very popular choice. But why? What are the benefits of a transparent lace wig?
Benefits of Transparent Lace Wig
Here’s why a lot of ladies prefer transparent lace wig:
- It’s the perfect option for beginners
- Breathable material
- You don’t have to pluck it
- Offers fantastic flexibility
- Matches any skin complexion without bleaching the material
- Gives you the most natural look when compared to the normal lace wig
How to Install Your Transparent Lace Wig?
A transparent lace wig is different from a normal lace wig in design and style, so it is in installation. That means the way you install your normal lace wig is different from how you install your transparent lace wig.
Here’s a simple step-by-step approach:
- First, clean your hair and ensure your braiding is very tight. Wear a lace cap similar to your skin color; it helps protect your natural hair.
- Wear your transparent lace wig on your head. While adjusting the wig, avoid it being too loose or too tight. If it’s too tight, it’ll make you uncomfortable, and if it’s too loose, it might fall off.
- Now for that perfect look, trim the lace forehead with care. Cut that extra lace neatly along your natural hairline. After that, apply a little liquid lace adhesive to keep the lace clinically attached to your head. When you’re done, wait for a few minutes for it to dry. With cosmetic makeup, it’ll look flawlessly natural on your skin.
- Finally, use your brush and some gel to style your hairline like baby hair. That will make the look complete and natural like your own hair.
What is Normal Lace Wig
A normal lace wig is a cap with strips of hair weaved together attached and stitched to it. There are methods to which these hair stripes are held together; the cap adds up to the wig’s length and style.
A normal Lace wig is usually a ready-made fixed style wig, with the hand-woven lace section attached to the cap’s inside; designed to frame the face and worn tied at the back or up into half style. It is made mostly with Korean wigs. You also carefully trim off the lace near the beginning of the hair and when it is worn.
Normal lace frontal wigs can also be called “lace frontal wigs”; they give a realistic look. It is usually difficult for people to notice that you’re even wearing a wig. It has lace at the front, which already makes it look as if the hairs are from your scalp, and for this reason, your hairlines are attached to the tip of the wig, making it a part of your hair at a glance. Most times, it is made using human hair or some natural-synthetic hair that requires high maintenance.
A normal lace wig is often made up of the following:
- Lace:This is what gives normal lace front wigs their name.
- Cap:The bottom or foundation where the wig is weaved on.
- Wig comb:Normal lace front wigs have three of these attached to the cap and help protect the wig to your head.
- Hair wefts: These are the hair strips that are sewn (parallel) onto the cap.
- Elastic band:This is attached all over the wig to the back of your head to keep the wig from losing its firmness.
- Wig glue:used to secure and create a perfect closure. Applied straight to the skin in the region of their hairline and forehead.
Benefits of Normal lace wigs
- It is often strong thus can be recommended for first-time buyers because of the stability.
- It is usually virtually invisible on the scalp because of the normal lace’s thickness; it is usually noticeable. But can bear heavier hair compactness.
- It gives the illusion of hair growing from your head. Therefore, it feels like a natural part of you.
How to Install Normal Lace wigs
Putting on a normal lace wig might require a bit of preparation before being ready to wear it perfectly. Below are ways to do so;
- There might be a need to apply bleach at the frontal lace if your black hair dots are in plain sight,
- Tweeze the hair on the part of the lace to enable it to appear like a natural hairline.
- Cut out the extra lace; you should do this only once.
- After which, you can now wear your normal lace wig whenever you want to. The most common is either you use tape, glue, or an elastic band.
Transparent Lace wig Versus Normal Lace Wig: Which Should You go for?
From the list of points made on the broad definition of both transparent lace and normal lace wigs, we will be able to pick few differentiating points to suit the subject or topic of this article.
A transparent lace wig is usually made in France or Swiss lace; Swiss lace is usually used more because it is softer and more elastic. It is very slight, and for this reason, it is usually not easy to detect, just like a real scalp.
The good part is that it makes less evident knots. It is also worth mentioning that this unnoticeable lace is fitted for any skin color. You wouldn’t have to darken your lace to match your scalp.
Secondly, normal lace wigs commonly use Korean lace wigs. There might be a need to apply bleach at the frontal lace if your black hair dots are in plain sight.
Additionally, the transparent lace wig combines the reward of the most observable part of the wig while using materials that do not easily damage other parts of the wig. Transparent lace wigs provide the sense of balance required between stability and a natural look. You can put on a transparent lace front wig in any way you want. However, transparent lace wigs’ price is a bit more luxurious than light brown, medium brown, and dark brown.
- In transparent lace wigs, the glue-less method for application is possible.
- Normal Lace wigs require the method of either you use tape, glue, or an elastic band before wearing.
- Transparent lace is the regular lace in a transparent color.
- However, normal lace wigs can appear in different colors like brown, medium brown, dark brown, and black.
Both Transparent lace wig and normal lace wig are excellent choices. However, the transparent lace wig is more common and preferred these days, and for good reasons. They usually come in a variety of styles and are more difficult to detect as wigs.
Generally, people can hardly tell you’re on a transparent lace wig, but the same can’t be said for the normal lace wig.