Every NEET 2021 aspirant has a common question: Which colleges should they aim for if they clear the NEET 2021 examination? To answer that question, the top MBBS colleges in India include well-known names like AIIMS (New Delhi), JIPMER (Pondicherry), Christian Medical College (Vellore), St. John’s Medical College (Bangalore), and Military Medical College (Pune). Admissions in these medical schools are made solely through the NEET 2021 examination.
Earlier, AIIMS and a few colleges conducted different additional exams for MBBS admissions in these prime colleges. However, since last year, all the other exams have been scrapped, and NEET is the sole MBBS entrance examination in India for admission in medical courses. Here, we will discuss in-depth about these best medical colleges in India.
NEET 2021: MBBS at Top Medical Colleges in India
MBBS is a general course and so it has no specializations in any of these colleges.
- Around 420 colleges in India have received their approval from the National Medical Commission to offer MBBS and around 95 are UGC approved.
- MBBS from government colleges may cost around Rs. 2,000-50,000 each year. However, the fee in private colleges is a bit high, around 50,00,000 for the whole duration of the course.
- Education and facilities offered in prime institutes like AIIMS is as good as those offered in top medical institutions in the world.
You can find India today’s Medical college ranking and NIRF Ranking 2020 given below.
Top MBBS Colleges in India: Ranking
There are various genuine ranking agencies in India which rank the best colleges for MBBS in the country. Below are top NEET 2021 medical colleges in India based on ranking by various ranking agencies.
Top MBBS Colleges in India: NIRF Ranking
Top medical colleges in India according to ranking by NIRF 2020, which NEET 2021 aspirants should target for are mentioned here.
|Name of Medical College||NIRF Ranking 2020||NIRF Ranking 2019||Average Annual Fees|
|AIIMS New Delhi||1||1||INR 1,628|
|Christian Medical College, Vellore||3||3||INR 48,530|
|Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi||6||6||INR 10,400|
|JIPMER Puducherry||8||8||INR 5,000|
|Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||9||7||INR 14,40,000|
|King George’s Medical University, Lucknow||10||10||INR 55,000|
|Madras Medical College and Government General Hospital,Chennai||12||NP||INR 15,000|
|Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research, Chennai||13||11||INR 22,00,000|
|St. John’s Medical College, Bangalore||14||12||INR 5,56,400|
|Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh||15||13||INR 53,68,000|
From the above rankings, it is pretty clear that AIIMS New Delhi is ranked as the best MBBS college in India. The average fee of pursuing MBBS from AIIMS New Delhi is around Rs. 1,628 per annum. Therefore the entire MBBS course from AIIMS New Delhi will cost around Rs. 10,000, which shall include any other additional costs.
In the 2019 ranking, the Madras Medical Collegedid not figure in the list of top medical colleges, but in 2020 it was ranked 13th leading medical institute in India. Christian Medical College comes in 2nd place. The institute also offers courses like BPT and BSc apart from the MBBS degree.
Top MBBS Colleges in India: India Today Ranking
Following are the top medical colleges in India according to India Today’s ranking for the year 2019 and 2020 which NEET 2021 aspirants should target for-
|Name of College||Ranking 2020||Ranking 2019||Annual Fees|
|All India Institute of Medical Science, New Delhi||1||1||INR 1,628|
|Christian Medical College, Vellore||2||2||INR 48,530|
|Armed Forces Medical College, Pune||3||3||INR 31,900|
|Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi||4||4||INR 2,000|
|JIPMER Puducherry||5||5||INR 5,000|
|King George’s Medical College, Lucknow||6||6||INR 55,000|
|Institute of Medical Sciences, Varanasi||7||7||INR 10,400|
|Vardhman Mahavir Medical College & Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi||8||9||INR 33,500|
|Lady Hardinge Medical College, Delhi||9||8||INR 1,400|
|University College of Medical Science, New Delhi||10||NP||INR 7,000|
NEET is the sole and therefore the most premier medical examination conducted in the country for admission in medical schools. NEET 2021 examination will be conducted on 1 August 2021 nationwide. NEET application fee is INR 1500 for general category students. Listed below are a number of popular MBBS schools in India that grant admission on the basis of the NEET examination.
● Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
● Christian Medical College, Vellore
● Maulana Azad Medical faculty, New Delhi
● Armed Forces Medical faculty, Pune
● Madras Medical college and Government General Hospital,Chennai
● Government Medical college, Amritsar
Top 3 MBBS Colleges in India: Admission Process, Fee Structure, and placements
There are around 511 medical colleges in India for the MBBS program. Out of which around 250 are public colleges and 261 are private colleges for MBBS in India. Admissions in these medical colleges are done based on the NEET examination solely. However, few exceptional colleges grant admission to students based on their scores in Class XII. Below mentioned is the admission procedure for some of the best and premium medical colleges in India.
1. AIIMS New Delhi
- Established in the year 1956, All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS) is a medical college located in New Delhi.
- It is one of the best medical colleges in India according to various ranking agencies.
- AIIMS, New Delhi is ranked as the number 1 medical Institute for the years 2019 and 2020 according to India Today and NIRF ranking.
- Admissions to MBBS under AIIMS Delhi are done based on NEET examination only.
- The average annual fee for the MBBS course from AIIMS New Delhi is around INR 1628 per annum.
- The placements offered are quite good, the average placement package is INR 13,00,000.
2. Christian Medical College (CMC), Vellore
- Christian Medical College, Vellore is located in South India and is a private medical college at Vellore, India.
- The institute has been ranked as the 2nd best MBBS College in India by many ranking agencies such as India Today.
- CMC developed out of a hospital which was established in the year 1900.
- Admissions were done based on the entrance exam conducted by the college earlier but now admissions are done based on the NEET entrance exam.
- The average annual fee for the MBBS program is INR 30,750 and the average placement package is INR 12,60,000.
3. Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi
- Established in the year 1959, Maulana Azad Medical College is located in Delhi and is affiliated with the University of Delhi.
- The college is ranked 17th best medical college in India according to NIRF ranking.
- The admission to the medical programs offered by the college is done based on the NEET entrance exam only and the average annual fee is INR 2,000.
- The placements offered by the college are also quite good and the average placement is INR 10,00,000 per annum.
Thus, any NEET aspirant should aim for these colleges to get premium level education and other facilities. Here in this blog we have given aspirants an idea about which colleges to target after cracking NEET 2021. Stay tuned to us for more such information like this.