Things to know before you attempt the RRB NTPC Exam
The RRB NTPC is a competitive exam that is held to recruit candidates for the non-technical posts which are conducted by Railway Recruitment Board (RRBs). The word NTPC is the abbreviation for Non-Technical Popular Categories. Before you start preparing for the exam make sure you thoroughly go through the RRB NTPC Eligibility Criteria and confirm that you meet all of them. We will have a short discussion about all the criteria further in the article.
You must also check all the available RRB NTPC Vacancies for the year 2020. As you will get an idea of how the competition will be this year. The lesser the number of vacancies, the greater will be the competition. This can act as a motivating factor for you.
You must not miss out on any of these important aspects of the exam before you even think of preparing for the RRB NTPC exam. Let us see some more details on the RRB NTPC eligibility criteria.
RRB NTPC 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria in terms of age and educational qualification for the RRB exam is divided into two major categories. One is for undergraduate posts and the other is for graduate posts.
For undergraduate posts, candidates must have passed Class 12 and should be between the age of 18-30 years.
For graduate posts, the candidates must be a graduate from a recognized university and the age should be between 18-33 years.
There are some age relaxations for different categories of candidates. You can have a look into that in detail in the official NTPC exam notification. Now that you have some basic insight into the RRB NTPC exam. We will see some of the preparation tips that you can follow to secure your spot and crack the exam with flying colors.
Must-Follow Preparation Tips to Crack the RRB NTPC exam
To clear any exam, you must have a plan on how to go about the preparation of the complete syllabus. Just like you cannot reach your destination if you don’t know the way, how can you expect to complete an exam without a concrete roadmap prepared? Here are some of the steps you can follow for clearing the exams with a good score, you must follow these steps: –
- Know the exam pattern and syllabus thoroughly.
- To bag the post you wish to join, you must be familiar with the syllabus. This will help you to prepare for the NTPC exam accordingly.
- When you know the topics that will come in the exam, you can distinguish the topics.
- You can know the topics you will have to practice more to be able to solve questions in the exam that carry more weightage.
- This will help you to prepare a time table according to your pace. You will know how much time you will need to devote to studying to be able to complete the syllabus in the time you have left for the exam.
- You must clear the concepts of every topic.
- When you face complex questions, they need to be solved with the knowledge of concepts. That is what you need to have your basics cleared.
- Attempt Mock tests.
- You will get to know of all the various formats of questions that you can expect in the exam.
- You will also get practice where you can test your understanding of topics and basic concepts.
- This is also a good way to realize your weak and strong areas.
- Practice Previous Years Question Papers.
- Previous papers give you the idea of how the actual exam paper is set.
- You get an idea of the mindset of the exam officials of what kind of questions are generally asked.
- Questions also get repeated in the RRB NTPC exam, so you can easily save time and get more marks by solving previous year papers.
- Refer to good books.
- Your preparation can go in vain if you study unnecessary topics that are not included in the syllabus. Make sure you study from books that are up to date.
- You can get the book lists to prepare for the RRB exam online.
Follow these steps to make sure you crack the RRB NTPC exam with good results!