The Ultimate Dragon Guide
They are the mythical creatures from the Game of Thrones world, capable of breathing fire under the direction of ‘Dracarys’, which is the High Valyrian word for ‘Dragonfire’.
Although their roots are not known, the connections between humans and dragons were first discovered by the Valyrians of Essos. In the end, the Valyrian civilization flourished for centuries up to when it came to the Doom of Valyria.
Westeros first saw Dragons in the year Aegon Targaryen I, along with his two sisters, Rhaenys and Visenya, took on all seven kingdoms. Dragons decreased in numbers following their disappearance during the Targaryen civil war, which was dubbed”Dance of Dragons” and then went extinct a couple of years later. They returned when the three Daenerys Targaryen’s dragon eggs were born.
To find more dragon names, have a look at the Complete List Of Skyrim Dragons and White Dragon Name Generator.
The Original Three Dragons
They were dragons that were present during the capture of Westeros by the House Targaryen.
1. Balerion the Black Dread named after the ancient Valyrian god Balerion is by far the most powerful and most formidable dragon to exist. Aegon I was the first horse, then Maegor, Aerea, and Viserys I Targaryen. He passed away due to his old age.
2. Meraxes: Also named for an ancient Valyrian god the Queen Rhaenys rode the dragon. The rider as well as the dragon were killed in the First Dornish War. Do you know In which town the dragon was born? If you want to know then use this tool town name generator.
3. Vhagar The smallest of the three dragons that were originally created, Vhagar was killed during Dance of the Dragons. Her first ride was by Queen Visenya who was then followed by Baelon Targaryen Laena Velaryon Laena Velaryon, as well as Aemond Targaryen.
The New Three Dragons
Queen Daenerys Targaryen hatches her dragon eggs during the funeral altar of her Dothraki husband, Khal Drogo. They were called Dragon, Rhaegal, and Viserion and were the only Game of Dragons’ dragons.
4. Dragon named in honor of Drogo, Drogon was the personal mount of Daenerys and also the dragon in Game of Thrones. The largest of the three original dragons, Drogon aided his rider to win numerous battles both in the novel and on the TV show. Following Daenerys dying in the Game of Thrones Drogon was reported to fly to the east of Essos. Tyrion Lannister had an unforgettable experience with Drogon.
5. Rhaegal is named after Prince Rhaegar Targaryen, who was the elder sibling of Daenerys. In “Game of Thrones”, Rhaegal was killed with scorpion bows by Euron Greyjoy. Jon Snow, who was named as Rhaegar’s son, and nephew of Daenerys and Daenerys, also rode the dragon in the final season of the television show.
6. Viserion, named in honor of Daenerys Viserys’ sister Viserys, Viserion was killed by the Night King in front of Daenerys in the seventh season. The Night King then resurrected and rode over him, which resulted in Viserion becoming part of the army of the White Walkers. Vision finally perished at the time Arya Stark shot and killed Night King.
The Other Dragons
While other dragons from “Game of Thrones” have been mentioned, the ‘A Song of Ice and Fire the series were written by George R.R. Martin provides more information about the dragons.
7. Arrax, the private horse of Prince Lucierys Velaryon, the prince of Driftmark. The two were both killed by Vhagar in the Dance of the Dragons.
8. Cannibal: The wild beast was never seen and devoured other dragon carcasses as well as eggs.
9. Caraxes the Blood Wyrm: Prince Aemon the red dragon of Daemon Targaryen, was killed and was later killed by Vhagar.
10. Dreamfyre She-dragon: A she-dragon who is driven by Rhaena and Helaena Targaryen.
11. Grey Ghost: Another wild and untamed dragon killed by Sunfire
12. Medleys, The Red Queen is Princess Alyssa’s later Princess Rhaenys Targaryen’s personal horse was killed in the Dance of the Dragons.
13. Moondancer Baela Targaryen’s dragon, which was killed.
14. Morghul Dragon: This dragon, which was bound to Jaehaera the Princess, was killed by a raged mob.
15. Morning morning: Lady Rhaena Targaryen’s dragon was born in the Dance of the Dragons.
16. Quicksilver: The dragon with white, pale fireballs was King Aenys I, and later his son Prince Aegon Targaryen’s mount.
17. Seasmoke Laenor Velaryon’s dragon who later became a mate with Addam Velaryon. He also died.
18. Herp Stealer, a dragon that was wild from Dragonstone which was subdued by a woman known as Nettles.
19. Shrykos: The young Prince Jaehaerys Targaryen’s name was this.
20. Silverwing Silverwing: The Queen Alysanne Targaryen’s dragon was later ridden by a boy who was a bastard named Ulf.
21. Stormcloud: This dragon was only once ridden by Aegon the Younger, and he died.
22. Sunfyre the Golden Sunfyre the Golden Aegon II Targaryen’s magnificent dragon was killed by wounds suffered during the fight against Moondancer.
23. Syrax: Rhaenyra Targaryen’s she-dragon was named in honor of an ancient Valyrian god.
24. Tesarion the Blue Queen Daeron Targaryen’s mount personal was a stunning blue she-dragon.
25. Terrax: The mythical dragon of Valyrian Explorer Jaenara Belaerys who spent an entire three-year period exploring the world of Sothoryos.
26. The prince Joffrey Velaryon dragon young was killed.
27. Urrax is a mythical dragon from Westeros said to be murdered by Selwyn who was part of the Mirror Shield.
28. Vermox: Prince Jacaerys Velaryon’s dragon suffered a similar fate to the dragon that was his older brother prince Joffrey Velaryon.
29. Vermithor The Bronze Fury: King Jaehaerys I Targaryen’s dragon was later joined forces by Hugh Vermithor, the Hammer. Vermithor.
Kidadl has a wealth of excellent names and articles that will inspire you. If you enjoyed this Game Of Thrones Dragon Names Guide and you want to know more, why not take the time to look at Valyrian Names, or for something completely different, take a look at Zabrak Names.
What is it that makes us like dragons?
Do we have a reason? Is it because of their burning breath, their ability to fly, or the fact that, of the many “mythological” creatures, they’re the most likely to live? In the end, they’re wings like dinosaurs, aren’t they? We already know that dinosaurs exist. Are we crazy to believe? There’s no way. In addition, there are numerous great stories about dragons. From the heartwarming tale of How To Train Your Dragon to the terrifying appearances, they appear during The Harry Potter series all the way to the ancient stories of dragons and knights we read as children The stories of dragons are deeply embedded into our minds. The thrill of adventure that comes from these stories is unmatched.
It’s that feeling of adventure and the overwhelming power of dragons that prompted us to think about them as baby names as an inspiration. Perhaps your baby’s beautiful eyes are like Toothless’s eyes. Maybe you’d like for your child to be as robust and elegant as Khaleesi, the Mother of Dragons, Game of Thrones’ Khaleesi. Whatever your reason for thinking about the name of your baby dragon, be assured that you’re not the only one. Many people have gone the same path. So you can rest at ease knowing that your child’s name may be distinctive, but it’s unlikely to draw anyone’s attention. If none of them is a hit? Consider looking into names for Aries babies. Since it’s the fire symbol!
A great idea that gamers should know, Dungeons and Dragons lovers or Skyrim fans who happen to come across this page in search of the best name for their characters There are plenty of excellent dragon names for you! Enjoy!