Graphic created by Illinois Lending.
Psychology says consumer spending depends on the buyer’s behavior, now you are thinking how it is possible? Just think why people pick some of the products to leave others? Because psychology working here to know why the consumers grab some products rather than others?
Customer brain always follows the many principles to shop entire the shopping stores or online stores like they can’t bear the loss rather than to avoid profit on products this is the human tendency.
Also, they run behind the habituation which is out of control during a walk through the stores to purchase any item. Buyer’s habituation is like crave that affects the sales process, if companies giving the same offers on products or advertisement, all the buyers will run towards it if the advertisement is being given continuously everyone will move on to avoid the display. But by doing this all companies work to understand the human tendency and keeps the consumer entangled in attractive offers.
Psychology researched all consumers want to shop to track the chunking theory hence this is the easiest way to grab product from an individual section. Real marketing is called entice the consumers from chunking theories as they want different collections from a different section of men’s, ladies and kids department and other side their eyes search the grocery, households goods department in the aspirate section.
Buyers lean by some of the given principles where the companies track the marketing rule to put on top the need, opinions, and experiences of the consumer.
Obsessive Shopping Statistics:
Psychologically seen most of the people attracted to the offers and shop only because they are passing by the market while they did not think of anything like. According to the statistics, 90% of people keep spending their money on obsessive shopping.
92% to 93% women included in the compulsive shopping and there are large data to spend money on everyday needs. Their mind behavior active to grab the needy products as the last sale. Thus the statistics have large data of women spending.
Here the shopping infatuation affects by the population, this is a minimum addiction of buyers in very wealthy countries.
Matter of fact is 58% of buyers unable to make payment on time and some of them feel guilty for their excessive shopping if they are using any card.
Every day’s Need Purchase:
- Clothing: clothing section, the very attractive corners for the kids, women, and minimum included men’s in this section.
- Jewelry: women spend here average part of the money in the year.
- Shoes: the best part of shoppers stop for kids, women & men’s, where women spend 40%, kids 70% and men’s spend 20%.
- Discount/sale: sale usually crowded area and most of the products are purchased from here at very inexpensive prices.
Spending Money By The Cards & Cash:
- All the consumers coming to this place pay only according to their income or they pay only according to the criteria of trust.
- As you can see 70% of buyers prefer the payment by the cards.
- Psychology statistics say most consumers keep only credit cards to avoid numbers of cards and mess.
- 45% of cardholders pay every month and 67% of buyers use their debit card which is an easy process for them.
- Some buyers pay through cash and sometimes they spending limited money due to this process.
When Do We Think Of Compulsive Shopping?
- Our loneliness, stress & sometimes depression increase the shopping craving.
- Attraction by the offers and lack of impulse control.
- Only want to divert the mind activities.
Brain V/S Mirror Neurons During Shopping:
This is a matter of fact our brain works on mirror neurons during shopping that boost crave to buy anything to see the rush because dopamine active to send a signal between brain cells that produce the attraction to the item with happiness.
Out Of Budget Shopping Statistics:
Statistics researched 90% buyers spend money without a budget, 85% run behind the offers & discounts, whereas 70% foods are compulsory needs of everyday. After taking the whole impulsive shopping 18 to 27 years of younger’s shopping indiscriminately.