Homebuyers often spend months inspecting, negotiating, and researching a house. But there still is a chance that they might have missed something. Hence, it is essential to have a final checklist ready for the same.
This list will ensure that you ensure everything is in good order and there are no changes that you need to make. For more information, you can check out http://www.patleavy.com/blog/final-walk-through-checklist-for-home-buyers-michigan.html.
It would be best if you scanned through the checklist because it enables you to verify the data before the mortgage payments get set. Some of the crucial elements of the checklist include:
- It would be best if you kept a reference for guiding the checklist
Before you opt-in for the final walk-through, ensure that you have an hour to get through. You can make use of the following pointers to carry out the inspection:
- You can use the sale contract as a reference.
- Get an inspection summary for a repair list that the seller was supposed to make after an earlier inspection.
- Some queries that you may have.
- Get a handyman to inspect the home.
Once you get organized, you can go ahead with your checklist.
- Double-check on the repairs
One of your list’s important aspects is to inspect all the post-inspection repairs that need to get included in the inspection summary. The handyman and your real estate agent should help you analyze the repairs and come out with hidden issues. It can help you to save more money in the future. You need to ask for receipts just in case something goes wrong in the long-run.
- Check for recent damages
It would be best if you kept an eye on the damages that might have taken place. You might come across:
- Fractured tiles
- Construction debris
- Stained floors and carpets
- Holes on doors and walls
- Water damages in wood and walls
- Check the bathrooms and kitchen
The bathrooms and kitchens are the main places for small damages due to the plumbing process. Also, the plumbing procedures can be costly. It is necessary to inspect all these rooms keenly and check out for water damage and mold signs. Some of the areas that you must review include:
- The appliances like washing machines, ovens, dishwashers, and refrigerators and check if it is working correctly.
- Sinks and bathtubs need to drain at a reasonable rate.
- The showerheads must give out a steady stream of warm water with zero dripping as it gets turned off.
- You should inspect the toilet and ensure that the lever, flush handle, chain, and flapper valve are functioning well.
- Check the windows and doors
All the latches and locks on the doors and windows must work correctly! It might appear like a vast amount of work, but you need to ensure that all of it works correctly. Any repair might take a lot of time and can also turn out to be stressful. You should know that windows and doors are fire exit points. Hence, the windows that stick can be dangerous to your safety.
These are some of the essential checklists that you need to keep in mind when buying a house.