When it comes to roofing a building one has to exercise due diligence. Asides from the fact that it’s a capital expenditure that is somewhat costly it is also an integral part of the building that’d greatly influence how comfortable you’ll find the house.
Although there are many types of roofing materials from which you can choose. Metal roofs are currently in high demand because of their perceived eco-friendliness. By the way, this commercial roofing company in Pueblo Colorado are an expert in fixing, repairing and replacing metal roofs.
In this article, I will inform you about almost everything you needed to know about choosing metal roofs for your building. Read on to learn more.
- Metal roofs are regarded as even being more energy-efficient than asphalt shingles. If you have learnt about asphalt shingles you’d realize that one of its perceived benefits is being high on energy-efficient but metal roofs are even better.
This means when the sun is extremely hot, you will still find your home to be cool due to the fact that the metal reflects the sun radiation.
- Metal roofs result in cost savings: how you may wonder, this is because your air conditioning system would not have to work too much during summer to keep your home cool as the metal roof is already reflecting the sun. Also during the winter season, the overlapping in the metal roofing serves as an insulator keeping your home warm thereby resulting in a lower heating expense.
- Durability: you probably guessed this one already, but here’s what you may not know. Metal roofs can last up to 50 years if they are well maintained. This reduces the disadvantage of having to incur too much cost when buying and installing metal sheets. The maintenance is another aspect on its own that will look into in the subsequent paragraphs of this article.
- Metal roofs are most likely the lightest roofing material ever around. Findings reveal they are about half the weight of asphalt roof and they are about a quarter of the weight of tiles roof. The lightness of this roofing material is why they are easy to carry around.
- Unlike some other roofing materials that require too much care during handling, you don’t face the risk of breaking the metal roofs during handling. Just be careful so you don’t get cut.
- Low maintenance cost. Findings reveal these types of roofing materials are peradventure the least expensive roof to maintain.
These are some of the advantages of using metal roofs. Now let’s delve into the inherent disadvantages. After all, is there a thing that’s beneficial but without its own pain points?
- It is expensive in nature: As I mentioned earlier, what puts most people off about metal roofs is the initial high cost. Metal roofs are generally more expensive than other roofing options.
- While this is not established in all metal roofs. Some homeowners have lamented about suffering dents in their metal roofs due to a large object falling on them. This may not just leave a mark but result in s damaged roof which points to an additional repair cost.
- Unlike asphalt shingles and other alternatives where you are offered protection from noises coming from outside. This is not the case with metal roofs, instead of reducing the sounds, it seems they amplify instead.
- Without the right protective coating, metal rusts are most likely going to rust in the long term. Especially, metal roofs made from steel, aluminium etcetera.
- Lastly, it is observed that metals roofs give a lower net addition to the value of buildings conspired to asphalt shingles.
These are some of the disadvantages of using metal roofs for your building.