What Exactly is Vue?
Pros of Using Vue
The next thing that you should be aware of the various pros that would come with using this framework. Some of the top things to know includes:
- Tiny in size – The framework that you are using for the creation is extremely small, which means you don’t have to wait for a large download to complete. It is only 18 KB in size and this allows you to access and install the library faster than some of the other frameworks.
- DOM performance and rendering – DOM or document object model is one of the top ways that you can not only have the best in terms of rendering, but also in performance. You would be able to see the page content, elements and the styles as objects, which means them easier to understand and adjust as needed.
- 2 way data binding – Also, the data is going to be bound using the 2 way data binding so that the components along with the data can be updated and tracked easily. This is going to make real-time updates easier, faster and more reliable than any other type of tracking.
- Single file – You no longer need to create separate files for each component or element that you are using, but with this framework they can be merged into a single file. This will make everything easier since you don’t have to make changes to every file, but instead just one.
Make sure to consider these pros when you are looking at whether or not Vue is going to fit all of the needs that you have in terms of a framework.
Cons of Using Vue
Before you can make the final decision you also need to know what a few of the cons or bad parts would be about using the Vue framework. A few of these cons includes the following items:
- Language problems – The largest companies that have Vue put in place are Alibaba and Xiaomi, which means that language is going to be an issue. This is because everything would be predominantly in Chinese and you are going to have to work to translate that.
- No support for larger scale projects – The development team and community for Vue are still young and small, which means when it comes to larger scale projects you won’t have as much support as other framework options might.
- Lack of developers with experience – Also, because this framework is relatively new it means that there aren’t going to be as many developers around with experience.
Ensure that you are considering these cons when you are also looking at Vue to see if they are going to be worth working with this flexible framework. The more you are aware of, then the easier this decision is going to be in the long run.
For those who need to have a flexible framework that is going to become more and more popular, then Vue is the way to go. This is going to be easy to use and you can reuse the components over and over so you don’t have to worry about anything. This will be very easy to learn and you can learn it in a few days, but you should make sure that you are translating the Chinese into a language that you can understand.