It’s a jungle out there. For brands and creators hoping to make it big on social media, the competition is steep, the timelines are crowded, and the tools ain’t (always) cheap. Luckily, we’ve rounded up the 7 best social media content management tools. The right tool will give you the best bang for your buck, saving you time, delivering game-changing insights, and promoting collaboration with your team and your clients.
Managing your social media content is essential to developing an organized workflow. Whether you’re a solo operator or part of a larger team, proper content management will change the game. Read on to learn about our favorite content management tools!
For data-driven results, try Synup Social. From its post-by-post analysis to AI-powered post ideas, your content will be in tip-top shape. Create and optimize content that will get you to the top of your audience’s timeline with ease.
Here’s why you’ll love it:
- Stay on track with your social media strategy with seamless, multi-platform post scheduling
- Get reminded to revive your best posts automatically – so you never run out of content
- Robust analytics show you what’s working – no number crunching required!
- The AI-powered post generator makes it easy to carry out your social media plan. Whether you’re getting inspired or beating writer’s block, it never hurts to have a trick up your sleeve!
- Collaboration with your team or with clients is easier than ever. Say goodbye to spreadsheets!
- With multi-brand and multi-location support, it’s ideal for both agencies and enterprises.
Users say: “Synup Social changed the game for our agency. With the white-label features and the capability to juggle all our clients’ socials with one main account, the platform is a godsend.”
Between the collaborative abilities, intuitive workflows, and ingenious dashboard, Synup Social is perfect for growth-minded social media managers.
MeetEdgar helps automate your social media content. An ingenious AI lets you build a content library, recycle content, and automate post scheduling. Talk about time-saving! MeetEdgar is a great resource for teams that need a little extra help.
Here’s why it’s great:
- Automation is the name of the game. Put your brand on autopilot and let Edgar do the posting for you
- The platform leverages your content library, making your best posts evergreen
- Sit back and relax while the platform generates in-depth analytics and reports
Customers say: “The content library is so helpful. Edgar is like an extra member of our team!”
While MeetEdgar lacks some of the customization and features of other platforms, it’s an incredible tool for small teams that need an extra hand.
SocialPilot is perfect for teams looking to upgrade from basic tools. With an approachable interface, it’s the perfect introduction to more feature-rich tools. Plus, its innovative features, like an evergreen content library and a built-in AI assistant, transform your workflow!
Here’s what to know:
- An AI assistant empowers you to create your best posts. From great post ideas to trend research, SocialPilot has your back
- Reshare and reschedule posts with ease, turning your greatest hits into evergreen content
- See your content at-a-glance with a highly visual calendar
Customers say: “After 3 weeks of comparing social media scheduling tools, SocialPilot emerged as the best option. It wins over Hootsuite and Buffer in value, cost, and exceptional customer support.”
While its data and analytics are lacking compared to competitors, SocialPilot is a great tool for mid-sized in-house or agency teams looking for more advanced features.
With an intuitive platform, smart content curation capabilities, and a comprehensive analytics dashboard, Hootsuite is one of the most popular platforms. It has something for everyone, and retains its popularity with its consistent innovation and consumer-centric business model.
Here’s the 411 on Hootsuite:
- With intuitive collaboration workflows, Hootsuite is great for teams large and small
- Helpful post suggestions and an AI-powered caption generator save major time on content creation
- Advanced analytics and reporting help you measure your strategy’s effectiveness
- Social listening helps you stay on top of what people are saying
What people say: “Hootsuite is one of the OG social media content management tools. The team is constantly innovating, and support is always helpful.”
Hootsuite is a powerful tool. While its customer support and analytics can stand to improve, its wealth of helpful features and support materials more than make up for its shortcomings.
ContentStudio puts content first. It’s a fantastic content management tool for teams that need a no-frills solution. Between smart suggestions and innovative planning and publishing features, you can easily optimize your content.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Content and hashtag suggestions help you hit your content pillars
- Revive your evergreen content with seamless post recycling
- An SEO toolbox helps you optimize your content for search
Users say: “It’s a great tool…as long as you don’t need any help. Their support team is non-existent. But besides that, it’s perfect for our content management purposes.”
ContentStudio has its ups and downs. As a content management tool, it’s fantastic. But its lack of more advanced features (including analytics) make it unsuitable for teams that need something with more oomph.
SocialBee keeps your hive in line. It’s easy to create, write, collaborate, and analyze your posts. Smart tools like a content recycler and an integrated AI post writer make content creation a breeze, while traditional features like analytics and post scheduling keep you on track to reach your goals.
Here’s how it keeps your socials buzzing:
- A smart AI content generator helps you create great posts for your audience
- Recycle content automatically, so you don’t need unique ideas every month
- Advanced analytics and engagement-boosting features make it easy to stay on track and smash your goals
Users say: “SocialBee is a fun way to manage our content. It’s the first tool we tried, and we’re sticking with it.”
With smart integrations and an intuitive ease, SocialBee makes it easy to stay on top of content management. While it lacks post-by-post analysis and ads support, it’s great for teams that need a feature-rich tool that isn’t too complicated.
Social media managers who want a fun, intuitive, and collaborative platform will love Planable. Drag-and-drop posts and visual discussions with colleagues make it easy to collaborate and create superb content for your brand.
Here’s why you’ll love it:
- From photo dumps to blogs, you can plan all your content in one place
- Collaboration is visual, engaging, and quick, making teamwork fun
- The highly visual platform is a joy to use – whether you’re on a team or you’re a solo operator
- Scheduling (or rescheduling) posts is easy and quick. You can revive your best content or move things around until your calendar is picture perfect
Customers say: “Before Planable, we’d upload an asset and write the copy, and have to spend a lot more time with clients getting that copy through, explaining how it will look. With Planable, the whole process is streamlined. Everyone sees it exactly how it is. There’s no need to explain how it will look.”
While Planable’s features and analytics are a bit lacking, it gets collaboration and content management right. It’s perfect for any team looking for a collaborative content-planning tool to use internally or with clients.
A great content management tool is worth its weight in gold. While there are dozens of tools out there that can make your life easier, these are the 7 best (in our opinion). Of course, tools aren’t one-size-fits-all. Sometimes, you have to try out a few before finding what fits best in your workflow.